Hello every1,

well my problem is a bit complicated, my iPhone is originally 3GS 3.1.2 which i managed to jailbreak & unlock using Cydia and blackra1n, i had the original carried SIM card to help with the activation.

anyway last month i decided to upgrade to version 4 as i was desperate for the multiple application support, i didnít do enough reading before upgrading so i upgraded to the default 4.1 which updated the firmware as well to 05.14.02

i tried so many things to downgrade firmware and baseband but no luck, even greenPpois0n and LR are only jailbreaking tools and no unlocking.

my first question is, if i used blackra1n and Cydia to unlock the phone isnt that suppose to save me BLOBS? and i still can downgrade by getting using TinyUmbrella? i tried that and it says it is not available

my second question is, is there are any SIM level unlocking for the carrier? or Hardware?

as far as my readings goes no iphone unlocking teams are working for an unlock tool for that firmware...so i guess ill have to wait for a looooong time
    2010-10-13 03:12 PM
    If your SHSH Blobs were saved it still would not help you since they do not help with the baseband. The Dev team is working on an unlock but do not expect anything until end of November at the earliest.
    2010-10-13 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD