Upgraded my Bell iPhone 4 to iOS 4.1 and then JB/hacktivated it w. limera1n.

Also, because it retained it;s BB at 1.59.0 I unlocked it w. ultrasn0w. Currently operating with Rogers microSIM

Issues:

* 3G connectivity was rather intermitent, initially; it now seems to have worked itself out after I applied Rogers Carrier Settings;

* Facetime feature disappeared (both in-call & Setting/Phone menu);

* YouTube ain't working (although the mobile version of the site seems to work just fine).

After researching for a bit I think I came up to the conclusion that PushFix.info might be able to fix all of my iPhone 4 shortcomings with a new release of MiTime and perhaps an updated version of PushFix.

However, would I have been able to avoid entirely the shortcomings listed above if I upgraded to iOS 4.1,activate the phone with a Bell microSIM instead of hacktivate using limera1n, and then unlock and swamp the Rogers microSIM back in?

Thoughts, ?

Cheers!
    2010-10-16 06:39 AM
    If you bought your iphone in Canada, it is factory unlocked.
    Activating it with valid sim is definitely better than hactivation, then you would get all the cert signing.
    2010-10-16 06:49 AM
    If you bought your iphone in Canada, it is factory unlocked.
    Activating it with valid sim is definitely better than hactivation, then you would get all the cert signing.
    Not entirely sure it is factory unlocked as it is carrier locked (to Bell - when I inserted Rogers SIM I wasn't getting any service); I thought the two conditions were mutually exclusive.

However, what you are saying it that my phone would perform better (ref. shortages in my originL message) if I first activate then unlock?

Willing to give it a try. Just a matter of finding a willing Bell friend

Cheers!
    2010-10-16 07:17 AM
    I live in Canada too, I asked Rogers, they said all iphones bought with or without contract are factory unlocked.
    If you let it activate, it is possible all your problems will be solved.
    2010-10-16 07:22 AM
    I live in Canada too, I asked Rogers, they said all iphones bought with or without contract are factory unlocked.
    If you let it activate, it is possible all your problems will be solved.
    I will give it a try then.

Cheers!
    2010-10-16 07:37 AM
    Wait. Did you say all iPhone 4s bought in Canada are factory unlocked? With or without contract? I've had one at 4.1 baseband 2.10.04 just sitting here waiting for the next ultrasn0w. It was bought with a Rogers contract. I would try to use my sim but its not a micro sim so I don't want to cut it and end up not being able to use it. Is there any way to tell if my phone is factory unlocked without inserting a non-carrier sim?
    Last edited by jabij1; 2010-10-16 at 03:00 PM.
    2010-10-16 02:54 PM
    jabij1 you might be able to check if it's unlocked on f0recast.
    DROID does... iPhone does it harder, better, faster, stronger
    2010-10-16 07:04 PM
    I tried and it says "Unlockable?: No". Oh well, at least 4.2 isn't too far away. Thanks anyways.
    2010-10-16 07:18 PM
    Wait. Did you say all iPhone 4s bought in Canada are factory unlocked? With or without contract? I've had one at 4.1 baseband 2.10.04 just sitting here waiting for the next ultrasn0w. It was bought with a Rogers contract. I would try to use my sim but its not a micro sim so I don't want to cut it and end up not being able to use it. Is there any way to tell if my phone is factory unlocked without inserting a non-carrier sim?
    I am pretty sure it is factory unlocked for Iphone 4 bought in Canada, you can use an unused sim to cut it and insert in, if it doesn't say, the sim is not supported, then it is already unlocked.
    Iforecast detemines whether it is unlockable or not by the baseband when the unlock tool is released yet.
    2010-10-16 10:15 PM
    Oh no I suck again!
    DROID does... iPhone does it harder, better, faster, stronger
    2010-10-17 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD