Hi, I had took my 8gb 3g to a apple store a few months ago, they had to exchange it for a refurbished one that I assume was factory locked to my carrier Telus (Canada).Recently, that 3g screwed up after trying to erase everything in the phones menu (found out later that it's not smart to do so)as I was about to sell it, it was on 3.1.3 with old bootrom. I have 4 shsh blobs saved for 4.0 and up. I had to restore, so I used sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 to customize 4.1 and used iReb while restoring. Everything seemed fine until after the restore, it went in emergency mode and itunes said it had a invalid sim. I also have a Rogers sim that does work in it ether. I tried customizing 4.1 with sn0wbreeze not activating and then activating, same result. Searched on how to bypass that emergency screen to unlock it, but all posts I found were outdated and solutions patched by apple. I am asking my friends if they have sim cards for other carriers to try, the right carrier sim should activate it immediately, right? Is it locked to another carrier, or is something else going on? Anyway, any input would be appreciated.
    2010-10-16 10:04 AM
    have you tried Limer1n?

if its only the activation youre looking for use a phonebook card to activate, then run hacktivation patch from cydia.pushfix.info
    2010-10-16 02:42 PM
    have you tried Limer1n?

if its only the activation youre looking for use a phonebook card to activate, then run hacktivation patch from cydia.pushfix.info
    Does limera1n work in emergency mode? I can also get it into DFU and recovery. It already has a jailbreak with the custom sn0wbreeze, what will Limera1n do?
    I've read about the phonecard trick, but my phone should be factory locked to my carrier Telus.
    2010-10-16 06:46 PM
    it will jailbreak your phone so that you can unlock it. If youre already jailbroken then all you need is to hacktivate and unlock. It is not important to what carrier you are locked.
    2010-10-23 10:15 PM
    it will jailbreak your phone so that you can unlock it. If youre already jailbroken then all you need is to hacktivate and unlock. It is not important to what carrier you are locked.
    I know what Limera1n is supposed to do, I used it to jailbreak my 3gs, my 3g cannot be jailbroken with Limera1n, I've tried twice on your advice, it doesn't get by the comment "in DFU mode... please wait" I let it sit for over a half hour both times. Please realize my phone can go into 3 modes only 1. Recovery 2. DFU 3. Emergency It cannot boot into the OS.
    2010-10-23 10:47 PM
    Hi, I had took my 8gb 3g to a apple store a few months ago, they had to exchange it for a refurbished one that I assume was factory locked to my carrier Telus (Canada).Recently, that 3g screwed up after trying to erase everything in the phones menu (found out later that it's not smart to do so)as I was about to sell it, it was on 3.1.3 with old bootrom. I have 4 shsh blobs saved for 4.0 and up. I had to restore, so I used sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 to customize 4.1 and used iReb while restoring. Everything seemed fine until after the restore, it went in emergency mode and itunes said it had a invalid sim. I also have a Rogers sim that does work in it ether. I tried customizing 4.1 with sn0wbreeze not activating and then activating, same result. Searched on how to bypass that emergency screen to unlock it, but all posts I found were outdated and solutions patched by apple. I am asking my friends if they have sim cards for other carriers to try, the right carrier sim should activate it immediately, right? Is it locked to another carrier, or is something else going on? Anyway, any input would be appreciated.
    The new version of snowbreze is not yet out and the old one does no work with FW 4.1. If you can get hold of a MAC you can use pwnage tool to create a custom IPSW for the phone and select the activation option. This will activate the phone for you without the need for an original SIM.
    2010-10-24 05:13 AM
    Limera1n does not support iPhone 3G (as you found out).

Sn0wbreeze does work with 4.1 for iPhone 3G (has for a few weeks now).

As for your problem, make sure you are using the latest sn0wbreeze, 2.0.2 I believe, and when you get to the part where it asks if you want to activate the custom firmware deselect it then select it again. Then shift-restore to the custom 4.1 when it is done making it.

Also if you have access to a Mac pwnage tool 4.1.2 is a better solution for a custom firmware.
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-10-24 at 05:47 AM.
    2010-10-24 05:40 AM
    Limera1n does not support iPhone 3G (as you found out).

Sn0wbreeze does work with 4.1 for iPhone 3G (has for a few weeks now).

As for your problem, make sure you are using the latest sn0wbreeze, 2.0.2 I believe, and when you get to the part where it asks if you want to activate the custom firmware deselect it then select it again. Then shift-restore to the custom 4.1 when it is done making it.

Also if you have access to a Mac pwnage tool 4.1.2 is a better solution for a custom firmware.

Hi I am following your tips, and sn0wbreeze says the ipsw, has been already done, but when I try to put it in my iphone, it just prompt and error I have an iphone 3GS, with lastest firmware, 4.1, baseband 5.0.14, the error says: "the Iphone could not be restored. An unknown error ocurred (1600)"

I am doing anything wrong? Does anyone recommend iphone pc suite to do a backup from my iphone?

Thank you everyone!
    2010-10-26 06:26 PM
    Hi I am following your tips, and sn0wbreeze says the ipsw, has been already done, but when I try to put it in my iphone, it just prompt and error I have an iphone 3GS, with lastest firmware, 4.1, baseband 5.0.14, the error says: "the Iphone could not be restored. An unknown error ocurred (1600)"

I am doing anything wrong? Does anyone recommend iphone pc suite to do a backup from my iphone?

Thank you everyone!
    You are wasting your time with Snowbreeze. Your phone is already on the latest baseband it is of no use to you. Use limera1n for the jailbreak. Do no use Greenpoison RC4 there is a problem with the 3GS and a new version RC5 is due out to fix the problem.
    2010-10-26 06:33 PM
    Found out the problem, the guys at the Apple store must have temporarily unlocked it to Telus (my carrier) as I remember they took about an hour to activate it instore and said it was being difficult. I found out after many calls to Telus and Apple, that it is factory locked to Bell, I took it into a Bell store, popped in their sim and it activated immediately. Was gonna get a replacement phone from Apple, but I might get the guys who helped me in trouble, as they might have used "dark" software to get me out the door. Sold the phone, it's all good.
    2010-11-02 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD