iPhone 4 32GB with iOS 4.1
    Baseband 1.59 preserved with umbrella method (iPhone in restore mode [not DFU] + Umbrella TSS Server with SHSH, upgrade to iOS 4.1 from iOS 4.0.2).
    First time jailbreaked with limera1n and unlocked with ultrasn0w. Works fine for a week. Now lost service (No Service message, this occurred while iPhone was on, the service simply was gone, not at boot or reboot).

Restored and jailbreaked with limera1n (several times) or greenpois0n (several times) and unlocked with ultrasn0w.
    I have Invalid SIM message...
    After reseting Network Settings I have No Service message... and several times only have one signal bar.

I tested two different adapted micro SIM's with no luck...

Update 1
    In General/Carrier option I can see the three carriers and when I select my carrier (VIVA Nuevatel) I have the following message:
    Restricted Network
    You selected cellular network is restricted. You can choose a diferent network in Settings.

Do you think there was any conflict between the preserved 1.59 BB and iOS 4.1 during first restore process?
    Maybe that's why ultrasn0w fails later?

Update 2
    Do you think I could damaged the socket for microSIM?, is there any way to test this socket?. On the last restore of iOS 4.1 I tried to test this socket activating the phone with iTunes and original AT&T microSIM and the phone was activated normally. For now is the only way to prove that it occurred to me (I'm live outside EEUU).
    Both adapted microSIM's tested on iPhone works perfectly fine on other phones.

Update 3
    Thanks to Olethros from hackint0sh community for the tip...
    Even though I had already made the register process of my phone through the web site of my carrier.
    I called my carrier and it turns out that there was a problem with the phone register on your system. They fixed the problem and my phone back to life again...

Thanks to everyone for your help!!!
    Last edited by bmita; 2010-10-23 at 07:55 PM.
    2010-10-20 04:58 PM
    ultrasn0w can be a little buggy sometimes on iPhone 4. Try rebooting a few times to see if that helps.
    2010-10-20 05:17 PM
    I try several times rebooting... reinstalling ultrasn0w with no luck....
    Thanks...
    2010-10-20 05:30 PM
    With the phone on, try pulling the sim out and reinserting it.
    2010-10-21 11:15 PM
    I did it but nothing...
    Thanks
    2010-10-21 11:28 PM
    Was the 3G setting turned off when you installed ultrasn0w?

Try toggling Airplane Mode on and off; try reinstalling ultrasn0w; try rebooting with SBSettings (for some reason on my old 3G I wouldn't get service but after a SBSettings reboot I would).

Did you install anything new before you lost connectivity?
    2010-10-22 12:30 AM
    Try installing lockdown patch from Cydia.pushfix.info
    2010-10-22 05:04 AM
    The lockdown patch hasnt been upgraded to ios4, it inly works on 3gS
    2010-10-22 03:26 PM
    The lockdown patch hasnt been upgraded to ios4, it inly works on 3gS
    It actually works on iPhone 3G/3GS/4 and up to and including 4.0.1.
    2010-10-22 04:34 PM
    When you restore, did it change the baseband to 05.14.02?
    2010-10-23 08:10 AM
    Try installing lockdown patch from Cydia.pushfix.info
    Hacktivation patch does not work with iOS 4.1
    Thanks

When you restore, did it change the baseband to 05.14.02?
    This is an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1 and BB 1.59 preserved with umbrella method.
    Thanks

Was the 3G setting turned off when you installed ultrasn0w?

Try toggling Airplane Mode on and off; try reinstalling ultrasn0w; try rebooting with SBSettings (for some reason on my old 3G I wouldn't get service but after a SBSettings reboot I would).

Did you install anything new before you lost connectivity?
    I tried the restore and jailbreak and unlock in various ways... 3G on and off too, I tried rebooting and shutdown.

No application was intalled before loss the service. This occurred while the phone was on the service simply was gone, not at boot or reboot.

Thanks
    Last edited by bmita; 2010-10-23 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-23 05:08 PM
    This worked for me. Take the SIM out, power the phone off, power it back on without the SIM and then put the SIM back in.
    2010-10-23 05:10 PM
    Would the lockdown-thing do something to THIS ?

No service, 5 bars

O.K. it's iOS 4.1 but with bb 5.13.04 if that changes something.

Admire first, second and last line here, in Settings>About
    Attached Thumbnails Invalid SIM - No Service-img_0002.png  
    LiveClock Shiny Apple Theme, including LiveClock Dark - hmm, candlelight... - is on Cydia
    . . . . . . . (On iPhone 4 you'll have to put both out of their "Themes"-folder. Sorry for that)

2011-02-23 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD