User Tag List

I have a 3.13 3g phone that I picked up. I would like to update it to 4.0 or higher then unlock it. Should I jailbreak on 3.13 first and store the shsh or if I just jump to 4.1 can I still unlock. Also I buy a lot of used phones and resell so is there a way to wipe all of the original owners info without having to do a restore via itunes.
    2010-10-24 10:12 PM
    You can use Pwnagetool for Mac or sn0wbreeze on Windows to upgrade to 4.1 via custom firmware while retaining your unlockable baseband. Doing this will also delete the old data (assuming you choose to set it up as a new phone).

Cook up the firmware in either program, then option+click (Mac), shift+click (Windows) on restore, select the custom firmware, then restore.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2010-10-24 10:21 PM
    I have a 3.13 3g phone that I picked up. I would like to update it to 4.0 or higher then unlock it. Should I jailbreak on 3.13 first and store the shsh or if I just jump to 4.1 can I still unlock. Also I buy a lot of used phones and resell so is there a way to wipe all of the original owners info without having to do a restore via itunes.
    Jailbreak your 3.1.3 with Redsn0w 0.9.4 but point to 3.1.2 ipsw when running redsn0w.
    Now you are jailbroken at 3.1.3 and you want to go to 4.1. Don't update to stock 4.1, it will lock you out.
    Download ireb 4.1 , download Snowbreeze 2.0.2 and the official 4.1 ipsw
    Build your snowbreeze_4.1.ipsw from Snowbreeze 2.0.2, use expert mode, and uncheck the activate my iphone.
    Once created , it is placed on your desktop.
    Run Ireb 4.1 , it will now put your iphone into DFU mode and now Shift + restore to Snowbreeze_4.1.ipsw.
    Put your official sim to activate.
    Go to cydia and unlock with Ultrasn0w.
    2010-10-25 12:47 AM
    Jailbreak your 3.1.3 with Redsn0w 0.9.4 but point to 3.1.2 ipsw when running redsn0w.
    Now you are jailbroken at 3.1.3 and you want to go to 4.1. Don't update to stock 4.1, it will lock you out.
    Download ireb 4.1 , download Snowbreeze 2.0.2 and the official 4.1 ipsw
    Build your snowbreeze_4.1.ipsw from Snowbreeze 2.0.2, use expert mode, and uncheck the activate my iphone.
    Once created , it is placed on your desktop.
    Run Ireb 4.1 , it will now put your iphone into DFU mode and now Shift + restore to Snowbreeze_4.1.ipsw.
    Put your official sim to activate.
    Go to cydia and unlock with Ultrasn0w.

I tried all those steps and now my phone is stuck on connect to itunes screen/emergency mode. I can get into DFU mode but I don't know what to do from there. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by cbnb810; 2010-10-26 at 09:59 PM.
    2010-10-26 09:52 PM
    What you need is an official sim to trigger it, since you don't have it you can do the followings:
    So you don't have the official sim to trigger from Emergency Screen to Home Sceen.
    Put your iphone into recovery mode.
    Build another Snowbreeze custom firmware under simple mode. It will hactivate and jailbreak it for you.
    Restore to this newly created custom firmware.
    Once restored, you will be at home Screen
    Unlock with Ultrasn0w again.
    Note : Youtube will not connect and an error will pop up at the end of syncing with Itunes. This is because you use Snowbreeze to hactivate your iphone.
    2010-10-27 05:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD