Hi
    I would like to confirm with u lot that if I upgrade to 4.0.2 will I still beable to unlock my iPhone 4?
    I'm running on 4.0.1 at the minute and have unlocked with ultrasnow but I loss internet connection every now and again when I reboot phone.

So that is why I would like to upgrade and try and different unlock to see if it sorts out my problem.

Or is ultrasnow the only available lock I could use if I upgrade?

Also will I save my ssh files if I do upgrade?

Thanks in advance
    2010-10-26 05:26 PM
    Run TinyUmbrella's TSS server and upgrade to 4.1. This will preserve your baseband so you can still unlock.

Then jailbreak with Greenpois0n or Limera1n. Doesn't matter which one, your choice.

You can go to 4.0.2 only with SHSHs saved. Its easier just to go to 4.1 and preserve the baseband with TinyUmbrella.
    2010-10-26 05:29 PM
    Thanks for the help much appreciated
    Tiny TSS server? Do I run this from my iPhone then upgrade to 4.1.sorry iv never used TSS server before I just need to ask what it is?
    2010-10-26 06:32 PM
    It's a computer program.

Google it. First link. Download it and run the TSS server while
    upgrading to 4.1.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-10-26 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-26 07:18 PM
    ok thankyou il report back if i get stuck

so what am i using instead of ultrasnow to unlock ? or will i not need to unlock again...
    2010-10-26 07:31 PM
    You unlock with ultrasn0w again after you jb.
    2010-10-26 07:47 PM
    Hello Annie, got the same situation with gerard2k7, I would like to ask if its really required to upgrade to BB 4.1 by using Tiny Umbrella.My iP4 BB 4.0.2 , Firmware : 01.59.00 was already jailbroken with Cydia logo already. Ive tried to use the ultrasnow latest edition but it didnt unlock. Can u help me please unlock so that i can use my cell here in my present location. It was not activated while am in USA.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hello there,

I had my IP4, FW 4.0.2 jailbroken by limera1n, and cydia is already appearing. Ive tried to unlock using ultrasnow but not succesful. I need it badly so that i can use local sim here in my present location. My IP4 was not used (or not activated)when i was still in USA. should i use ultrasnow directly ? Or do i have to use Tiny Umbrella? Am a novice on this one and dont even know what is sshh ... etc.
    Any help guys??
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Last edited by samuel_sagcal; 2010-10-27 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-27 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD