just a few more days...
    2011-01-10 03:52 PM
    Ditto
    And why again is 16th the possible date? Sorry, I missed it. Also how legit is this? Or is it mostly speculation? Thanks.
    2011-01-10 10:43 PM
    And why again is 16th the possible date? Sorry, I missed it. Also how legit is this? Or is it mostly speculation? Thanks.
    Something about a soldier asking Sheriff Hashim if he would get the unlock b4 heading for duty on 16th Jan. Sheriff Hashim said "Sure". This was sometime in the 3rd week of December (on twitter)

Interpret that as you will, lol
    2011-01-10 11:04 PM
    for those waiting until the 16th, you might want to read this recent tweet by sherif:

"@i4m1 @umaximus2010 @Maliken13 in fact, that famous "sure" was regarding the unlock possibility but not its date"

hm.... i thought it was pretty clear that "sure" meant it would be out by the 16th but i guess not. the wait continues!
    2011-01-11 12:58 AM
    i think they are just trying to get more fame more twitter followers since they are the only one that can do the unlock.
    Buggati Major On That Kush!
    2011-01-11 01:27 AM
    devTeam are finishing the redsnowbetas1-mill.., after a public release, i think or maybe... they'll release the unlock. waiting... waiting... waiting... =)
    2011-01-11 01:37 AM
    they just dont know how to unlock it. . its pretty obvious they are going around unlocking old iphone 3s, using ipad firmwares, and doing a bunch of tethered pathetic stuff. . their days are number. .

time to move on i sold my iphone. . first time in many years without an iphone and Im loving my new phone. . the iphone is and was a great phone just too many restrictions and too many things it cant do. .

get a a droid ull be much happier. .
    2011-01-11 03:56 AM
    they just dont know how to unlock it. . its pretty obvious they are going around unlocking old iphone 3s, using ipad firmwares, and doing a bunch of tethered pathetic stuff. . their days are number. .

time to move on i sold my iphone. . first time in many years without an iphone and Im loving my new phone. . the iphone is and was a great phone just too many restrictions and too many things it cant do. .

get a a droid ull be much happier. .
    it's sad how this appears to be ending... *sighs* my deadline extends to end of jan.
    Last edited by Dragon2011; 2011-01-11 at 04:43 AM.
    2011-01-11 04:29 AM
    what if they where to talk about how they do it then maybe the public or those who can understand can contribute
    2011-01-11 05:34 AM
    So what if they don't release an unlock?

I know there are alot of you folks out there in countries other than the US that may not have the ability to be on AT&T or Verizon. That's a shame that you are unable to get an iPhone without paying the super inflated cost of a factory unlocked. I saw somewhere in here that the Dev Team says repeatedly to be careful before you buy something. Make sure there are jailbreaks and unlocks out before you go spend your money. On Sherif's tweet he mentioned how long the unlocks took for the various software versions over there years. Looking at his tweet it seems they average about 5 months to get right and put out there for all of us. That's alot of work! I'm just glad there are these few out there that have the drive to tackle it.

Only reason I got one was so I could unlock it and put another SIM in it while I am deployed. Truth is though, thanks to the PPPOE app, I can still use it over here where ever I find WIFI. The Jailbreak is way more important than the unlock. The unlock wouldn't even be possible without the Jailbreak.

When I get home I'll slide my AT&T card back in and all will be well. I still hope the unlock comes out but getting emotional over it won't make it happen any faster.
    Last edited by Sarge78; 2011-01-11 at 11:45 AM.
    2011-01-11 06:27 AM
    i agree Sarge but i think the reason i was and people are getting frustrated is the lack of info. . i mean it would take sharif 10 seconds to update his twitter with any info. . .but his ego and pride get in the way . .
    when all is said and done its not dev teams problem. . its the apple corporation ruining and restricting what could be a great phone. . but that is why u are seeing androids pass iphones in market share and performance. .
    2011-01-11 06:46 AM
    Who says he has to update everyone? He has been fielding some questions about the unlock and the answer has pretty much been the same each time from what I see...it's ready when it's ready. Would releasing info help the Dev Team and iPhone public in general or would it just push apple to release yet another update and ruin all that Sharif and the like have all been doing?

I can appreciate the frustration...but I realy don't see the point in aiming it at the people who are working to make that iPhone more enjoyable.
    2011-01-11 06:57 AM
    i guess. . best solution .. sell the iphone and pick any number of cheaper smartphones with more functions on the market. .
    2011-01-11 07:01 AM
    I gave up, and bought a new iPhone...
    2011-01-11 11:52 AM
    I just gave up in this... going to Verizon
    2011-01-11 11:20 PM
    verizon is still a month to go.. we'll be getting this unlock soon. hope it'll come sooner before the new iOS 4.3. c'mon devteam!!
    2011-01-12 03:32 AM
    People are freaking out, lol! Somebody called sherif and treath him about the unlock
    2011-01-12 12:16 PM
    lol...like that will help.

What is wrong with folks? Do they honestly think it will make them do it any faster or release it any sooner?

If I were one of them...I'd have a hard time continueing AT ALL.
    @hvywheel
    2011-01-12 01:09 PM
    People are freaking out, lol! Somebody called sherif and treath him about the unlock
    mob mentality
    2011-01-12 02:55 PM
    someone should kidnap him and hold him at gunpoint until it is unlocked. . its only fair. .
    2011-01-12 03:05 PM
1,274 ... 31394041424351 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD