Is it possible to update 4.3.1 for iphone 4 without losing bb 2.10.04 since new untethered jb is out?
    Yes. Use sn0wbreeze to create a custom IPSW. NOTE that sn0wbreeze will create a IPSW with "sn0wbreeze" in the name of the file. Make sure to use that one and not the stock IPSW!!!
    2011-04-04 09:39 PM
    How about pwn tool(latest one). Would it work if i create custom fw with it.
    2011-04-05 12:22 AM
    How about pwn tool(latest one). Would it work if i create custom fw with it.
    Yep, it would work like sn0wbreeze. Just to let you folks know though, if you still the the unlock, that you must wait for a 4.3.1 compatible ultrasn0w to be released.

That is, even if you're on 4.3.1 and bb 5.11.07 or 1.59.00, you will lose your unlock.
    2011-04-05 01:17 AM
    Bump

Somebody please give us some news :,(
    2011-04-07 06:12 AM
    FINALLY gave up on the dev team, musclenerd and all of them. Been waiting since November and I finally decided to get my gevey sim and I am happy with my decision. Now I'll use this until the Iphone 5 comes out and switch to Verizon.

Now watch the unlock will come out Sunday lol.
    2011-04-07 06:23 AM
    FINALLY gave up on the dev team, musclenerd and all of them. Been waiting since November and I finally decided to get my gevey sim and I am happy with my decision. Now I'll use this until the Iphone 5 comes out and switch to Verizon.

Now watch the unlock will come out Sunday lol.
    I'd be OK with that. As long as I know that my Gevey sim does not get software broken by Apple, it'll always work on my iP4 regardless of the firmware.
    2011-04-07 06:33 AM
    I'd be OK with that. As long as I know that my Gevey sim does not get software broken by Apple, it'll always work on my iP4 regardless of the firmware.
    I wouldn't full rely on that. I dont know about these new ones but the old gevey/rebel sims of 2.2.1 days dont work anymore because Apple patched the vulnerability. So dont go updating to any new firmwares Apple puts out and expect the gevey sim to work.
    2011-04-07 03:18 PM
    almost everyone has come up with an unlock except dev team
    2011-04-13 08:42 PM
    almost everyone has come up with an unlock except dev team
    coz in my opinion they are bought by apple! or it might be a possibility that behind these IMEI unlocks there is DEV team!
    2011-04-13 08:48 PM
    coz in my opinion they are bought by apple! or it might be a possibility that behind these IMEI unlocks there is DEV team!
    The dev team sucks now
    2011-04-14 05:30 AM
    There is no Dev team behind the IMEI unlock. Someone figured out two things.

Apple has a single database for Whitelisting IMEI for official factory unlock.
    A method of input to that database, probably through an official carrier.
    The official carrier may not be aware.
    2011-04-14 01:48 PM
    The dev team sucks now
    yeah i agree! i m no more counting on them and gonna check twitter daily! as i got my iphone 4 factory unlocked after waiting 6 months for them!
    2011-04-14 08:00 PM
    Now that there are more methods to unlock, is Dev-Team and associates even working on an unlock method?? Who's supposed to be in charge of the next ultrasn0w? No one on twitter seems to be even talking about it.
    2011-04-16 06:28 PM
    Whats the score with unlocking a Verizon iphone 4? Im a little confused atm about basebands that can be unlocked. Are the baseband versions the same on verizon iphones as at&t versions? HELP! The reson Im talking about at&t and verzion is that I live in the uk and want to purchase a USA model as they are soo much cheaper than thney are in the uk
    2011-04-17 01:26 AM
    yeah i agree! i m no more counting on them and gonna check twitter daily! as i got my iphone 4 factory unlocked after waiting 6 months for them!
    Same, promises have been made in the past 6 months with no delivery till date..I have also unlocked my ip4 with no hassle..Now i can do whatever i want with no fear of being locked whenever i update to the lastest firmware..Feels great to be legal..lol..
    Quantum..
    2011-04-17 01:35 AM
    BigCol- regarding CDMA, there is no such thing as unlock for any CDMA phone. Unlock is only available for GSM phones, or phones that have SIM cards.

Yes, I was very tempted and bought an AT&T phone in the U.S. Please do not mKe the same mistKe. The phone comes locked and options for unlock are limited and have drawbacks. I purchased the Gevey SIM for about $45 USD, but if I turn the phone off, I have to go through some elaborate procedure to unlock agIn. Another option is to pay $160.00 to a site that gurantees unlocks for all iPhones, regardless of. Aseband, bu do the math and you will thank me when you buy an already unlocked phone. Hong Kong by the way is very cheap if you know someone there.
    2011-04-17 04:35 AM
    Whats the score with unlocking a Verizon iphone 4? Im a little confused atm about basebands that can be unlocked. Are the baseband versions the same on verizon iphones as at&t versions? HELP! The reson Im talking about at&t and verzion is that I live in the uk and want to purchase a USA model as they are soo much cheaper than thney are in the uk
    To my knowledge the Verizon iPhones are the CDMA phones and they cannot be unlocked as they do not use SIM cards...
    2011-04-17 06:50 AM
    [QUOTE=BigCol;5976067]Whats the score with unlocking a Verizon iphone 4? Im a little confused atm about basebands that can be unlocked. Are the baseband versions the same on verizon iphones as at&t versions? HELP! The reson Im talking about at&t and verzion is that I live in the uk and want to purchase a USA model as they are soo much cheaper than thney are in the uk[/QUOTE
    ]CDMA will not work in the UK.
    2011-04-17 08:35 AM
    [quote=nebo1ss;5976971]
    Whats the score with unlocking a Verizon iphone 4? Im a little confused atm about basebands that can be unlocked. Are the baseband versions the same on verizon iphones as at&t versions? HELP! The reson Im talking about at&t and verzion is that I live in the uk and want to purchase a USA model as they are soo much cheaper than thney are in the uk[/QUOTE
    ]CDMA will not work in the UK.
    Get an AT&T iPhone since its GSM.
    Verizon iPhones are CDMA, and cannot be "unlocked".
    2011-04-17 10:11 AM
    Thanks for the answers guys, very much appreciated. I'll stay clear of Verizon. The newer basebands cannot be unlocked so I might be screwed fror an at&t. I also wanted a usa model as all EU iphones have the volume limited. Is there anything that will remove the EU volume cap??? Thanks guys
    2011-04-17 04:23 PM
1,274 ... 12526061626364
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD