User Tag List

i have an iphone 3G that i jailbroke and unlocked a couple of months ago. since i got it from a friend the wifi doesnt work so to unlock and jailbreak it i used my friends AT&T sim card so i could have internet....
    so since its been unlocked its been EXTREMELY slow. i can't play games because its so slow, even when i click messages it takes forever to open and forever to call people or even use safari. so i was hoping if i re-did everything with the newer updates it would fix that problem. i was told that upgrading to 4.1 would fix that lag, but ive been reading everywhere that if i do upgrade it to 4.1 i wont be able to unlock it and use it for tmobile like i have been.

right now the version is 4.0.2 (8A400)
    and the modem firmware is 05.13.04

what can i do?!?!

this is what i found but those steps make NO sense to me....
    where do i find snowbreeze? because i am on windows.
    how do i make a custom firmware?
    and i just dont understand step 3 at all....
    sorry! im obviously kinda new

MAINTAINING UNLOCK METHOD
    Jailbreak tool(s) for Windows: Sn0wbreeze
    Jailbreak tool(s) for Mac: PwnageTool
    Hactivation: included/optional
    Steps (for both Sn0wbreeze and PwnageTool):
    1) Create custom 4.1 firmware with jb tool for your machine with a stock 4.1 ipsw
    2) Shift (Option)+restore to the custom firmware
    3) If you run into any errors during the restore process, run iReb (iH8Sn0w.com) to bypass
    Last edited by jesbian; 2010-10-28 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-28 09:49 PM
    MAINTAINING UNLOCK METHOD
    Jailbreak tool(s) for Windows: Sn0wbreeze
    Jailbreak tool(s) for Mac: PwnageTool
    Hactivation: included/optional
    Steps (for both Sn0wbreeze and PwnageTool):
    1) Create custom 4.1 firmware with jb tool for your machine with a stock 4.1 ipsw
    2) Shift (Option)+restore to the custom firmware
    3) If you run into any errors during the restore process, run iReb (iH8Sn0w.com) to bypass
    Updating to 4.1 will result in much faster speeds compared to that of 4.0.x. Make sure iTunes is updated to the latest version.

First you'll need sn0wbreeze: Website

Then you'll need the original 4.1 firmware: Download - Go to iPhone and select your iPhone model and download

Open up sn0wbreeze and use the Simple Method. Select the 4.1 stock firmware you downloaded earlier. If you have an old AT&T SIM card, even if it's not activated, then select no to activating. If you don't, then just select yes to activate. Click "Done" and then sn0wbreeze will cook up the custom firmware.

Open up iTunes with your iPhone plugged in; shift + click on restore and then select the newly created custom firmware that you made with sn0wbreeze. It will then restore.

If you encounter YouTube errors afterward, then download the "Hacktivation" patch off of Cydia.
    2010-10-29 01:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD