Its simple... i've searched but cant find an answer...

I have SHSH for:

Model: MB7177LL

I have new bootrom which was checked with ih8sn0w app iDetect, with BB 05.13.04.. If i download a custom firmware or make my own, or have one that is already made with pwnagetool, is it possible for me to upgrade to 4.1 and keep same baseband, and have it jailbroken and unlocked..
    2010-10-29 07:36 AM
    PwnageTool (Mac only) is the only way to go to 4.1 and preserve baseband on new boot phones.

I saw a thread here on MMi for those on Windows to do this but I didn't look into it. I'll try to find it for you.

Whatever you do, don't go looking on the web for already created custom firmwares by PwnageTool from other users. I've seen a couple people do this and they had some major problems afterwards. Creating your own if you can is the best way to go. I'll be back if/when I find that link to the Windows thing.

Ok I read up on this thread and I don't know how well it will go. It looks a little problematic for some people. You could try if you want, but yes it requires you to get a custom fw by downloading from someone else that posts it on the web. I don't recommend doing this, cuz I've always had problems with custom firmwares from other people that I don't create myself, and so I try to make my own if I can. Here's the link anyway:

http://modmyi.com/forums/general/734...aseband-2.html
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-10-29 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-29 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD