Ok, I've searched all over the internet and this forum and I can't seem to find a solution. I don't like bugging people unless I absolutely need the help.

Here's the problem. I'm getting the errors listed below and consistent No Service.

Error 1:
    Waiting for activation. This could take a little while.
    Error 2:
    Restricted Network. Your selected cellular network is restricted. You can choose a different network in Settings.

Here's what I did. I had an iPhone 3G 16GB that received water damage after being left near my window sill charging one night and it rained. I was lucky and wrote down all the settings that worked in a notepad document in case I needed to setup another iPhone on T-Mobile in my area. I purchased a new (used) 3G. The phone was never upgraded beyond 3.1.3. I upgraded to iOS 4.0 and baseband 5.13.04 because I wanted iOS4 and I knew that ultrasn0w could unlock 5.13.04. I used Sn0wbreeze and iTunes to do this on Windows Vista 32 bit. I have updated Cydia and rebooted the device (as required), reset network settings then installed ultrasn0w 1.1-1 and rebooted the device. I installed the sim card received the errors stated above. I have selected the T-Mobile carrier and entered the information listed below. The ONLY thing I know of that I can test is using a known good T-Mobile sim card (from a friend) as mine has been "turned off" for about a month now. I also installed TetherMe and received no change.

Cellular Data:
    APN: internet2.voicestream.com
    Username: blank
    Password: blank

MMS:
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng-t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050
    MMS Max Message Size: 61440
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://wap.sonyerricson.com/UAProf/W800iR101.xml

Internet Tethering:
    APN: internet2.voicestream.com

I hope I gave enough information for you and I appreciate any help!! Thanks in advance!!!
    2010-10-30 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD