Hi everyone,

I am from India, receently I brought a iPhone which is I guess SIM locked. Coz everytime I enter my Indian SIM it says Invalid SIM. Now kindly excuse me, but I am kind of complete n00b when it comes to unlocking, jailbreaking and wat not related to iPhone.

What I want to know is how to make my iPhone work with Indian or for that matter any SIM. I have not done anything with it other than installing some apple apps.

I have checked the version of it from Setting >> General >> About and it says Version 4.1 (8B117) and Modem Firmware as: 5.14.02.

Would appreciate of someone can tell ot guide me to a place where I can find all the necessary info regarding evrything.

A step by step guide on how to make it work will also be appreciated.

Thanks,

P.S. Mod, if this is not the correct section for it then plz move it to whichever is right place.
    2010-11-03 08:49 AM
    You should be able to jailbreak/unlock if you have the original iphone 2g. If you have any other iphone, you can't unlock the phone until they release the newest ultrasn0w in a couple weeks. You can jailbreak the phone most likely though depending on the type of phone you have. Worst case scenario, you just wait a couple weeks for the newer jailbreak/unlocks come out.
    2010-11-03 09:11 AM
    You should be able to jailbreak/unlock if you have the original iphone 2g. If you have any other iphone, you can't unlock the phone until they release the newest ultrasn0w in a couple weeks. You can jailbreak the phone most likely though depending on the type of phone you have. Worst case scenario, you just wait a couple weeks for the newer jailbreak/unlocks come out.
    Its iPhone 3gs and not iphone 2g.

Can you ro someone else please give me overveiew about ultasn0w, greenpois0n, limerain, blackrain and others. Which one is used for what? What is the difference. Or is there any difference?
    2010-11-03 09:29 AM
    Greenpois0n, limerain, blackrain(older), and pwnagetool are tools used to jailbreak the phones. ultrasn0w is an unlock tool. You cannot have an unlock without a jailbreak.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-11-03 09:48 AM
    Greenpois0n, limerain, blackrain(older), and pwnagetool are tools used to jailbreak the phones. ultrasn0w is an unlock tool. You cannot have an unlock without a jailbreak.
    Ohk. Is there any other unlokcing utility available other than ultrasn0w? :hmm:

And I came across 2 solution for 4.1 Jailnreaking (greenpois0n & limerain) for windows. What is the difference bewtween them? What should be preferred? And why?
    2010-11-03 10:13 AM
    They do the same thing. It is all up to the user on preference.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-11-03 10:42 AM
    There is no unlocking facility for your baseband (Modem firmware) at present. No way to downgrade it either. There is no date for release of a new tool (best guess would be a couple of weeks when 4.2 is rumoured to be coming out). The various sites on the internet that claim to be able to unlock your phone are scams and they cannot unlock your phone.
    2010-11-03 10:48 AM
    You only have previliges to use it as ipod touch and wait for Basaband Lock,
    Download Limerain
    Google step by step guide to Gailbreak Iphone 3gs with limerain
    Gailbreak it (It will be activated autmaticaly)
    Then use it like ipod touch and learn iphone basics About Cydia and tweaks etc,,,
    The unlock will be released in mean while (1-3 weaks app)
    Just CHILLLLLL

Remember google is your friend
    and Modmyi will make you expert in iphone family
    Last edited by Aamer3368; 2010-11-03 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-11-03 03:50 PM
    My I hope the unlock is soon, locked my iphone4 by mistake, upgraded by iTunes duh, I have jb for 4.1 just waiting on unlock for baseband, roll on the experts, very grateful here. Paul.
    2010-11-03 10:32 PM
    i hope the unlock comes out soon. Am stuck at ios4.1, baseband 5.14.2 on my 3g
    2010-11-04 03:26 AM
    Same problem, 3Gs (MC143C), just upgraded to 4.1 (8B117), and then did jailbreak with limera1n. Now, the phone is dead and can't use it

Wonder how and when an unlock for 5.14.02 bb will be available.

Cheers
    2010-11-05 10:28 PM
    musclenerd has stated that the unlock for 5.14.02 will come a day or two after the official 4.2 update is released by apple. Supposedly apple will release that update on November 9th, or 12th.
    2010-11-08 08:38 AM
    UHG!!!!!! I'm in the same situation 3G v 3.1.3 bb 5.14.02 bl 6.2..... It's horrible. Come with it all ready!!!
    2010-11-08 10:39 PM
    Oh! so am not alone.

Anyways, any trusted source which we can check to know if unlock has been relased.
    2010-11-17 11:35 AM
    Blog.iPhone-dev.org
    2010-11-17 11:43 AM
    Hi,

i am a newb - sooo whaaat! millions mo' like me! lol

anyway...

i j'broke my i' with limera1n - easy - online util - broke in 2-3 mins

then...

installed cydia

NOW what?

just wait for baseband unlock? (stuck on 4.1 05.14.02 like everyone else)

how do i mak a custom firmware - just a good 'site will do - i'll read about it

thanks man/woman/kid
    2010-11-17 01:50 PM
    ok ive had my iphone since november and still its not unlocked... ive tried different ways and had no luck... anyone managed it? or JB to 4.2.1 and unlocked it then?
    2011-01-02 01:45 PM
    You need to jb with redsn0w 0.9.6b6 since it has the iPad baseband installation in it. You can then use ultrasn0w to unlock. You must use redsn0w on a pc. You can also use it on Mac.
    2011-01-02 04:12 PM
    You need to jb with redsn0w 0.9.6b6 since it has the iPad baseband installation in it. You can then use ultrasn0w to unlock. You must use redsn0w on a pc. You can also use it on Mac.
    Hi Jedeoki, with this method (upgrading to iPad baseband), if you have an old bootrom [iBoot-359.3], would you get an untethered jb/unlock? Or will it be tethered for both old and new bootroms?
    2011-01-03 12:29 AM
    Hi Jedeoki, with this method (upgrading to iPad baseband), if you have an old bootrom [iBoot-359.3], would you get an untethered jb/unlock? Or will it be tethered for both old and new bootroms?
    If you are on the old Bootrom, then you can use fuzzyband downgrader. Jailbreak and run fuzzyband. It will tell you if you can downgrade or not.

Always remember to save your SHSH using Cydia or TinyUmbrella also!
    2011-01-03 12:44 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD