My dad gave me his iPhone 3g and told me to delete all of his contacts. So i went to settings and i pressed reset all contents. In the middle of reseting the iPhone shut off. Every time i try to turn it on it goes to the apple sign for like 45 seconds and shuts back off. I tried everything. The lock and home-screen button,i tried to put it on the charger and plugged in onto my computer and it still does the same thing.
    What should i do?
    2010-11-11 02:38 PM
    you have to restore, that's all you can do
    2010-11-12 02:44 AM
    My dad gave me his iPhone 3g and told me to delete all of his contacts. So i went to settings and i pressed reset all contents. In the middle of reseting the iPhone shut off. Every time i try to turn it on it goes to the apple sign for like 45 seconds and shuts back off. I tried everything. The lock and home-screen button,i tried to put it on the charger and plugged in onto my computer and it still does the same thing.
    What should i do?
    Been there done that, you will have to restore in iTunes and I don't believe it can be a custom firmware either, had the same thing happen on my 3G and 3GS, forget that reset all settings button its evil!
    2010-11-12 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD