I'm in a situation right now. I have an Iphone 2g unlocked nd jailbroken on FW 3.1.2. Im not sure if I should update because I'm afraid I wont be able to unlock/jailbreak again. But then I also want to update because I (stupidly) SSH my phone, and replaced all my camera files accidently, trying to fix the stuck shutter problem. Now, the camera and photo app CRASHES everytime I launch it. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions? Sorry if this is the wrong forum or a noob question
    2010-11-11 05:18 PM
    The iPhone 2G is very special. The highest iOS is 3.1.3 and can ALWAYS be jailbroken and unlocked. However, unless you have an 'official' SIM it still must be 'activated' which requires special attention.

Several tutorials exist around the web to help. I prefer those on iClarified.Com
    2010-11-11 05:35 PM
    The iPhone 2G is very special. The highest iOS is 3.1.3 and can ALWAYS be jailbroken and unlocked. However, unless you have an 'official' SIM it still must be 'activated' which requires special attention.

Several tutorials exist around the web to help. I prefer those on iClarified.Com
    Oh, now I think I should restore to 3.1.2 and rejailbreak and unlock...
    2010-11-11 05:56 PM
    Just update to 3.1.3 and use redsnow 0.9.4 to jailbreak and activate, your unlock will remain. If you need a tutorial to help you just follow Mes advice as iclarified.com does have very good tutorials on how to do it.
    2010-11-11 06:01 PM
    Also, does anyone know a way to fix the camera shutter stuck problem?
    2010-11-12 12:34 AM
    It should be fixed after a restore. So long as you don't restore from back up to avoid possibly bringing the problem back.
    2010-11-12 07:43 AM
    Just a suggestion. After building a custom ipsw, loading, and verifying all is well --- I keep that ipsw for like ... forever (haha.

Who knows, one day it might come in handy
    2010-11-13 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD