I have bought an american iPhone out of the box 1.1.1. and now looking at the O2 contract it really isn't too bad considering free internet browsing and my mum killed me for spending so much on internet browsing so I was wondering... where can I get an O2 iphone sim card so I can use for my american iPhone?
    2008-03-19 02:33 AM
    Hmmm not sure you can, you could try the SIMplicity plan, but not sure that covers data... why dont you get a Pay As You Go O2 SIM and use the Web Bolt On... 7.50 for unlimited data usage for the month... not bad if you ask me! I'm considering it, but bear in mind... O2 dont use EDGE so you'd be surfing at GPRS Speeds
    2008-03-19 03:09 AM
    Hmmm not sure you can, you could try the SIMplicity plan, but not sure that covers data... why dont you get a Pay As You Go O2 SIM and use the Web Bolt On... 7.50 for unlimited data usage for the month... not bad if you ask me! I'm considering it, but bear in mind... O2 dont use EDGE so you'd be surfing at GPRS Speeds
    I have an o2 contract with it and i guess I can put that bolt on pack on.. but i phoned the o2 customer service and they said that paying the 7.50 gives you 250mb of data and not unlimited... I just wasn't sure if 250mb a month is enough for an internet phone such as an iPhone.

So.. what do you think? is 250mb enough?

PS... O2 does use edge.. but only in certain areas such as London...
    2008-03-19 03:19 AM
    Aaaah fair do's! I didnt know about Edge in Major cities... well wouldnt that be false advertising on the O2 Website as it clearly states UNLIMITED WEB BROWSING with "Fair Usage Policy" But ISP's who offer Unlimited Download/Browsing also use a Fair Usage Policy, and they dont secretly cap it??

Edit: Closer Inspection... it says their fair usage policy is that users dont use more than 200MB so if you go over that it's charged at standard rates... bit unfair if you ask me... they should make it 250MB for 7.50 a month, someone who thinks... "oh unlimited, Great!!" would be in for a nice suprise!
    Last edited by Brownie2k; 2008-03-19 at 03:43 AM.
    2008-03-19 03:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD