User Tag List

I recently used a custom firmware to jailbreak and unlock my iPhone 4 onto 4.2.1 from 4.0.1 while preserving the unlock baseband 1.59.00. Everything works fine until I noticed there is no FaceTime App available on the home screen.

Any way I can mess with the files or somehow add it? It is not showing up under settings - phone option.

Thanks
    2011-02-28 12:38 AM
    I might be wrong but there is no facetime app on the iPhone 4 there is on the iPod touch
    2011-02-28 01:17 AM
    Is there a way to enable it on the iPhone 4?
    2011-02-28 02:14 AM
    To enable go to settings>phone>toggle FaceTime
    Last edited by Sooprtrukr; 2011-02-28 at 04:48 AM.
    2011-02-28 04:43 AM
    To enable go to settings>phone>toggle FaceTime
    Yeah I tried that it's not there.
    2011-02-28 05:14 AM
    Yeah there's no app for iPhone 4. Should be in settings. It should be there. It might be a jb issue.
    2011-02-28 05:24 AM
    Okay thanks. Do you know if there's a way to add it somehow?
    2011-02-28 05:27 AM
    Have you tried installing a FaceTime tweak in Cydia to see if it somehow enables the option in Settings for you? Try My3G, 3G Unrestrictor, FaceBreak, or any other FaceTime over 3G apps. I know your problem isnt trying to get it to work over data, but it might show the toggle for you if you do that.

Did you check in your contacts list if you can FaceTime anyone? Maybe if you try to FaceTime someone via contacts, it will show up. Just go to contacts and there should be a FaceTime button on a contact page. If not, then maybe go back and try what I said in the top paragraph.
    2011-02-28 05:30 AM
    Okay so I tried both methods. I installed my3g and when I open that app, it shows FaceTime with a check next to it but I don't see the app or option for it in settings. Also it doesn't show up in contacts.
    2011-02-28 05:41 AM
    Did you usea downloaded custom firmware or make your own using pawnage tool? Might of downloaded a 3G/s bundle.
    2011-02-28 05:44 AM
    I did a custom firmware. Got it from someone but it was for iPhone 4.
    2011-02-28 05:46 AM
    Do they have the issue?
    2011-02-28 05:49 AM
    I feel like it's the custom firmware then. You'll probably have to restore and rejb. Since it's an iPhone 4, I have an easy way for you to do so. You need to preserve your bb right?

Get TinyUmbrella and click Save SHSHs then run the TSS Server. Then open iTunes and shift+restore to a stock 4.2.1 fw (TinyUmbrella is going to preserve your baseband). Then afterwards, if you've got an official carrier's SIM, run greenpois0n on it. After GP you will activate with the SIM. then open Loader and install Cydia.

Now I'm not sure if after GP it requires official carrier's SIM for everyone but it did for me. So i am gonna say if you don't have one, use redsn0w 0.9.6rc8 first after restoring. Then run greenpois0n on it after redsn0w to make it untethered.

You could also make a custom 4.2.1 firmware with Sn0wbreeze 2.2 to restore to if you'd rather still use a custom fw. I just don't like sn0wbreeze bc it has always given me problems with restoring to. But it works for others.
    2011-02-28 05:50 AM
    Okay thanks for all your help both of you and yes I am too sure now it might be the custom firmware issue. I really would hate to restore it all again since I don't have a at&t sim to activate it with. The only reason I got the custom was because it was already activated and all I needed to do was trim my tmobile sim and everything was good from there.
    Thanks for all your help.
    2011-02-28 05:53 AM
    Well if you create your own custom fw with sn0wbreeze you can have it set to activate.
    2011-02-28 06:04 AM
    Okay thanks I think I'll do that. Thanks for all your help.
    2011-02-28 06:06 AM
    No problem, good luck.
    2011-02-28 06:10 AM
    I recently used a custom firmware to jailbreak and unlock my iPhone 4 onto 4.2.1 from 4.0.1 while preserving the unlock baseband 1.59.00. Everything works fine until I noticed there is no FaceTime App available on the home screen.

Any way I can mess with the files or somehow add it? It is not showing up under settings - phone option.

Thanks
    I am exactly in the same situation.. I don't see the facetime toggle itself in settings. I first followed the tutorial from iclarified to upgrade to 4.2.1 preserving the BB and then using greenpois0n to JB and ultrasn0w to unlock..
    After I observed this issue, I also tried creating a custom fw with sn0wbreeze and then using ultrasn0w but same thing.. Another issue I observed is now there is no way for me to enter the APN setting under the settings --> Network..

Did you get any luck further? Any comments/suggestions are appreciated..

IndianHacker
    2011-03-10 03:11 AM
    No I still don't see the FaceTime feature but I use Tango instead now so it's not a big deal anymore. I also don't have the APN settings I just noticed that but everything else works great.
    2011-03-10 03:39 AM
    No I still don't see the FaceTime feature but I use Tango instead now so it's not a big deal anymore. I also don't have the APN settings I just noticed that but everything else works great.
    I had the same problem, I rest my setting in the phone it took the FaceTime icon and the toggle away in the settings.I went to Cydia to fix my mms problem ( push fix) it reboot my iPhone 4. And some how the FaceTime icon and toggle came back.
    2011-03-11 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD