Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with my iPhone, it's acting very strange. Just got it two weeks ago now, and it started acting up last week. I guess the easiest way to do this is to just list the problems I am having:

1. The external speaker makes no sound. I do not get any sound when I unlock the phone (the little click), no sound when I input text in a text message, no sound when I play a song in ipod mode. The only time I get sound from the external speaker is when someone calls me - the ringtone works fine.

2. Even stranger is the fact that the external speaker will work when it is plugged into the dock cradle. Sounds come from the speaker when I play a song in ipod mode, etc. When I take out the USB cable from the dock and plug it directly into the iPhone, once again sounds do NOT work. Weird huh?

3. I get the "Accessory is not made to work with iPhone...Do you want to turn on airplane mode?" message every 10 seconds. It's ridiculous. Whenever I unlock it, I get that message. After undocking it, I get the message. Nothing is plugged into the iPhone, not even the dock or the headphones and it will pop up this message.

4. All the sounds and everything work fine with the headphones plugged in. Making a phone call works just fine too, without headphones plugged in, just normal.

I have tried doing a restore, tried hard reseting, checked all the relevant settings and I cannot figure out how to fix this problem. Hopefully someone can help me out here, it's very frustrating.

Thanks
    Last edited by chundekza; 2007-10-05 at 07:51 AM.
    2007-09-30 01:31 PM
    i would go to the apple store and get a new one
    2007-09-30 05:15 PM
    I would NOT double post in two different boards, and wait until my question was answered.
    2007-09-30 05:39 PM
    Thank you for you suggestion.
    I would love to. But Unfortunately I cannot.
    Now I'm in Japan. I just went back to visit my family and will be here for a while.
    I have experienced this problem for 2 weeks now. I tried to figure it out but noone could help.
    if anyone could help, it would be great.

PS. Sorry that I posted the same topic in other forums. I really dont know where I should put it in. Please accept my apologize.
    2007-09-30 05:50 PM
    try plugging and unplugging headphones till you get sound out of speakerphone
    2007-09-30 06:20 PM
    try plugging and unplugging headphones till you get sound out of speakerphone
    I did. no luck. but thanks
    2007-09-30 06:37 PM
    Still need help, Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    2007-10-05 06:12 AM
    have you tried restoring out of the dock .just the cable
    2007-10-05 06:15 AM
    It was happen with me when i try to unlock first my iphone with anysim. Later i use another unlcok method and that time everything is fine till now.

You can try to do full restore and hope it will solve the problem
    2007-10-05 07:01 AM
    It was happen with me when i try to unlock first my iphone with anysim. Later i use another unlcok method and that time everything is fine till now.

You can try to do full restore and hope it will solve the problem
    Thanks jjgsxr883, liton
    I did try like you both said.
    no luck, still be like this
    Last edited by chundekza; 2007-10-05 at 07:50 AM.
    2007-10-05 07:45 AM
    weirddd... i have the same problem with the speaker, couple minutes ago it just stopped working... and then i turned off the phone and turned it back on and it worked fine... but still weird... i use v 1.1.1 and never unlocked the phone...
    2007-10-05 07:54 AM
    MY case, there is the MESSAGE pop up all the time
    2007-10-05 08:02 AM
    did u install the Customize app? if so, try uninstalling it using iBrickr thru your pc or AppTapp's Installer.app on your phone
    2007-10-05 10:42 AM
    i didnot r
    2007-10-06 08:19 PM
    Anyone figure this out? I just did a restore and mine still has no external speaker.
    2008-06-12 02:46 AM
    have the same problem, i would assume it's a problem of a dirty connector (some dirt on it makes iphone believe that there is some external accessory attached even if it's not)
    2008-07-17 05:10 PM
    AIRPLANE MODE
    This accessory is not made to work with iPhone. Would you like to turn on this feature to reduce audio interference? You will not be able to make or receive calls while this is turned on.

i rejailbroken my iphone with QuickPwn22 and it was fine the fisrt night.
    next night got home. had my phone on the desk and airplane mode pop ups like the other guy said.. every few seconds. it comes on when its on sleep mode. and when i shut down my iphone, it turns itself on. so i cant even turn my phone off. i rebooted my phone. it still dont help. turn airplane on n off. no help. even restore my iphone and jailbreak it again with QuickPwn22 and its still the same.
    pretty i have to leave my phone on the charger all night or it will die out. my iphone is useless. have anyone find a fix for this..

please dont give dumb replies like "bring your iphone back to the store!"

hey chundekza

you are in luck. guess what i found. so far hes the only one that have a solution to your, OUR fix. to the dam airplane mode bs pop up. i should have just left my phone on 112.
    before i found this link and solution i just turned off PUSH.. and it seems to be ok so far.. good luck with yours.

I followed the instructions-used "MobileFinder" instead of "File Browser" and instead of deleting the file, I simply renamed it. No more "This accessory..." messages so far.....

Hurray!! atlast I found a soft fix for this problem!!
    After searching all the blogs for the solution.. I found nothing..
    I hv done some R&D on this and came up with a solution...
    The dig for this problem starts from finding the process in which this is causing and killing it.
    fortunately I got an application in the installer which shows all the processes that are running in iphone.
    The application is 'Sysinfo'..
    You ppl don't need to install this.. as i'm having the cause that is affecting this problem.
    Ok no more researches...
    Please follow the steps to get rid of this vague message.
    1. From Installer, Please install the "File Browser" from the 'Productivity' Category.
    2. After successfull installation of File Browser, navigate to the following path
    "/System/Library/Frameworks/IAP.framewo rk/Support/"
    (Default path the file browser will show is "/var/root". Need to change this to the above path. For
    navigating that, you need to change the settings by clicking on Settings(in File Browser app) and change
    the Home Directory in Advanced Settings from '/var/root' to '/')
    3. Now you can see a file which starts with 'apd' in the path.
    4. Select the file, click on Edit in the bottom and select Delete.
    5. Repeat the Delete untill it deletes the file.
    6. Now restart your iphone after deleting the file.
    Your phone is now free with that message and it will back you all ur features. I'm sure it won't create you
    any other problems.
    contact me to my mailid [email protected] if u hv any queries...
    Last edited by c0h deuce; 2008-12-21 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-12-21 12:09 AM
    I had the same problem, mine was caused by moisture exposure in the dock area. I bought it used unaware of the problem. I found a store in my hometown called Rapid Repair. Rapid Repair replaced my dock assembly for parts and labor it ran about $140. I have not had the problem since. Rapidrepair.com is where you should go if you are willing to shell out the dough. Good luck no software mod solutions around that I could find.
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?
    2008-12-21 12:11 AM
    hey sorry chundekza

i dont think this is going to work.. what i posted earlier.

[ Please follow the steps to get rid of this vague message.
    1. From Installer, Please install the "File Browser" from the 'Productivity' Category.
    2. After successfull installation of File Browser, navigate to the following path
    "/System/Library/Frameworks/IAP.framewo rk/Support ]

i use the QuickPwn. and my phone is 2.2
    installer dont even have what this guy is tellin us to download.
    [ unless i dont have the source . therefore i dont see it in my installer]
    even thou i didnt download anything i used WiNSCP to see if i can just go
    and delete what he is talking about. but that path leads to nowhere.
    after Frameworks.. i cant find or see IAP.framewo rk at all in the folder.

so sorry for the disappointment.

if anyone can help PLEASE POST iT.

email me, pvt msg me anything THANK YOU!!
    [email protected]
    2008-12-21 02:25 AM
    The file is in private frameworks then in support. I tried deleting it and then restarted to find that i could enter my passcode because it wouldnt even click. I tried adding the file back in winscp and had the same problem so I had to restore, after the restore im about to try and just rename it and see if that has any effect before I load all my stuff back on here. So be aware if you do this you may haft to restore becasue it will lock up the lock screen and slider.

EDIT: simply renaming the file does not fix it and locks up the phone as well.
    Last edited by kjack05; 2008-12-21 at 05:47 AM.
    If I helped you dont be afraid to click thanks
    2008-12-21 05:21 AM
23 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD