Hello all,
    I am running ios 4.2.1 on a 3gs with bb 6.15 jailbroken and unlocked on sn0wbreeze. The other day I upgraded my ultrasn0w via cydia from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2. Now I experience unbelievably poor batter life.
    My question : is it possible to downgrade ultrasnow from 1.2.2 back down to 1.2.1? any help would be appreciated.
    -frank
    2011-04-30 01:40 AM
    If you can find 1.2.1 .deb file of it you can put it into cydia's autoinstall folder and install it that way. Obviously you would uninstall 1.2.2 first.
    2011-04-30 01:49 AM
    Thanks for the advice. In fact if anyone is experiencing the same problem, I found the instructions on how to install and where to find 1.2.1. here : Download Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 (DEB File) to Unlock iPhone 4/3GS on iOS 4.3.1 Offline [Archive] - GSM-Forum.
    Just restarted iphone. Fingers crossed that this fixes my battery issue.
    2011-04-30 01:52 AM
    Thx for sharing that. Hopefully it can fix your battery issues although I didnt know the new version had any until now.
    2011-04-30 01:54 AM
    Hi,
    I'm glad I found this post. I too updated my version of Ultrasnow from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2, and ever since have been experiencing huge battery drain. I'm using a 3gs with firmware version 4.1. It's draining so fast that it's out of juice 3 hours after it had been completely charged.

I tried uninstalling ultrasnow 1.2.2 and then transferring the .deb file for ultrasnow 1.2.1 into /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall/. I actually had to make the "Cydia" file from scratch and added a "AutoInstall" file inside of it. Once I added the Cydia file with Autoinstall inside of it to the /var/root/Media path, I placed the ultrasnow 1.2.1 .deb file inside. I rebooted twice and though in details for Ultrasnow in cydia shows "Ultrasnow 1.2.2" with version "1.2.1", battery drain still continues

Can anyone recommend any additional steps I should take to resolve this battery drain problem?

Thank you in advance
    2011-05-03 05:58 AM
    Are you hacktivating when jailbreaking? That is known to cause battery drain.
    2011-05-03 03:57 PM
    Good to know that hacktivating causes battery drain...but, the battery life on my 3gs was minimal and was commensurate to the extent to which I was using programs known to use battery (like push notifications, location services, browser, etc) for about 4 months since jailbreaking it to fw 4.1 and unlocking it. But a few days ago, I simply confirmed some updates in Cydia, one of which was the upgrade from Ultrasnow version 1.2.1 to 1.2.2. Ever since, battery drain has been significant.

I wonder if upgrading my firmware will fix the battery drain--I've been wanting to upgrade the firmware for a while anyway, but was waiting until 4.2.1 was pretty stable/not buggy before I did it. Is the best way to upgrade firmware on my 3gs new bootrom bb 5.13.04 to simply restore to the custom firmware using pwnage tool + stock fw as usual, and then to restore to it? Or is their a new step of using "custom firmware bundle"?

Thank you.
    Last edited by emceeaye; 2011-05-03 at 05:15 PM.
    2011-05-03 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD