Is anyone able to get to the chat? I keep getting a message saying their chat is down since yesterday. I want to try to talk to another rep, because my unlock still didn't go through despite it being 96 hours now... at the very least I need them to credit my account the 15GBP back lol.

Edit: Got through to a CSR. Seems like he tried to manually input my IMEI into the system, but he came back saying there are "technical problems" with the unlock system right now. He says he forwarded my request to the unlock team "with priority". Have to wait yet another 3 days. We'll see what happens. I'm hoping that the "technical problem" isn't the system simply rejecting my IMEI due to it originating from the US.
    Last edited by terraphantm; 2011-05-27 at 11:50 AM.
    2011-05-27 11:04 AM
    hi, many many thanks for this article, i bought my gevey from your ebay site and it works great, am now awaiting unlock confirmation from O2.

i too had been waiting 6 months for unlock to come through, now i have a great iphone
    2011-06-07 08:45 PM
    Is anyone able to get to the chat? I keep getting a message saying their chat is down since yesterday. I want to try to talk to another rep, because my unlock still didn't go through despite it being 96 hours now... at the very least I need them to credit my account the 15GBP back lol.

Edit: Got through to a CSR. Seems like he tried to manually input my IMEI into the system, but he came back saying there are "technical problems" with the unlock system right now. He says he forwarded my request to the unlock team "with priority". Have to wait yet another 3 days. We'll see what happens. I'm hoping that the "technical problem" isn't the system simply rejecting my IMEI due to it originating from the US.
    what happens when you connect to itunes?
    2011-06-09 06:42 AM
    What the deuces iv been away a month and u guys say that
    theres a way to unlock for ever ip4 with an o2 sim?

Guess what im in the uk i was using o2 sim with gevey for quite
    some time now, will it work for me? I allways thought they would
    say go to the network who locked your ip4 which is logic.

My ip4 is from vodafone france. Will this work for me?
    2011-06-09 11:35 PM
    what happens when you connect to itunes?
    I get the unsupported sim message. I gave up on this, I think the phone needs to be used on UK towers for it to work. I'll just maintain my baseband and buy an unlocked iPhone 5 when the time comes. Maybe AT&T will start offering unlocks since Apple sells factory unlocked iPhone 4s over here now.
    2011-06-14 07:43 PM
    funny.. apple started offering unlocked iphones today
    2011-06-14 11:59 PM
    It's been a month, anyone else confirm this works?
    2011-06-21 06:07 PM
    hi, many many thanks for this article, i bought my gevey from your ebay site and it works great, am now awaiting unlock confirmation from O2.

i too had been waiting 6 months for unlock to come through, now i have a great iphone
    i applied 7 times to o2 and they wouldnt unlock iphone so i gave up, got my 15 back and will just use gevey as it is. i connect to itunes ok ,although i havent updated firmware yet, wasnt sure if it was ok.
    2011-06-21 08:20 PM
    I guess the whole thing has been shut down, I did all the steps and submitted the unlock application form and got a text from O2 saying that they were unable to unlock my phone
    2011-06-21 09:18 PM
    the O2 unlocking service is back!! i read on cutyoursim twitter page!! they r unlocking it!!
    2011-06-24 08:24 AM
    the O2 unlocking service is back!! i read on cutyoursim twitter page!! they r unlocking it!!
    Huh? I see that twitter page you're talking about says they will unlock O2 iPhone 4s for $160. I thought the point of this thread is to get O2 themselves to unlock an AT&T iPhone for 15 GBP.
    2011-06-24 06:09 PM
    Huh? I see that twitter page you're talking about says they will unlock O2 iPhone 4s for $160. I thought the point of this thread is to get O2 themselves to unlock an AT&T iPhone for 15 GBP.
    i didnt know that u lack some understanding capabilities!! what i meant is that if they r unlocking O2 fones so this means O2 servers are up and they shud be unlocking the fones on their network for 15 pounds!
    2011-06-24 08:27 PM
    i didnt know that u lack some understanding capabilities!! what i meant is that if they r unlocking O2 fones so this means O2 servers are up and they shud be unlocking the fones on their network for 15 pounds!
    Maybe you're right, but I didn't see any mention of the inability to unlock AT&T phones through O2 had anything to do with servers being down.
    2011-06-24 08:38 PM
    Maybe you're right, but I didn't see any mention of the inability to unlock AT&T phones through O2 had anything to do with servers being down.
    hmm okie!! i think some one shud give a try may be they unlock it now!
    2011-06-25 07:16 AM
    I mean once you talk to the CSR online and he says he would do it, do you need to connect to itunes and upgrade ur firmware? I am on iOS 4.3.3 and dont want to update it to iOS 4.3.5 due to unavailability of untethered jailbreak and updating my baseband. It is necessary to press the update button for unlock or as soon as you connect to iTunes, it gets unlocked even if you are using an old firmware?
    2011-08-19 10:25 AM
    just sync. you can try to back up your phone and then restore from back up without changing ios version.
    2011-08-19 11:01 AM
    just sync. you can try to back up your phone and then restore from back up without changing ios version.
    Thanks for the quick reply. Just wondering...Do they send you an email when they have unlocked the phone at their end? Or you keep trying everyday till it finally gets unlocked??
    2011-08-19 11:17 AM
    when i had mine done, i had no notification except for the customer service rep's word. then i got further notice once i sync'd to itunes. "Congratulations, your iphone is now unlocked"

or something like that
    2011-08-20 01:18 AM
    when i had mine done, i had no notification except for the customer service rep's word. then i got further notice once i sync'd to itunes. "Congratulations, your iphone is now unlocked"

or something like that
    They told me three working days. Eagerly waiting
    2011-08-20 07:38 AM
    They told me three working days. Eagerly waiting
    UNLOCKED!!!! Yiipppeeeee... Didnt buy o2 sim. didnt pay 15pounds... Just used the link to chat to a CSR and told that I was a PnG customer who didnt know the phone was locked to O2. Now I am in a different country and have no access to o2 sim. Asked them to help. Really sweet of them to unlock it for me after 3 attempts. Third time I said I have already put in a request and it is ironical that O2 CS is not being helpful at all :P Bingo... Took 24 hrs to unlock given it was an off on Saturday and Sunday
    2011-08-22 11:22 AM
106 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD