Firmware : 4.3.3
    Baseband : 5.16.02
    iPhone 3GS
    Provider : Telus

ever since I updated my iPhone from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3 I've been getting either 1 bar or no signal. This was without jailbreaking my device, but it's the same either way, jailbroken or not. I have read many forums that I need to wait for a new method of unlock because of my baseband, but I have never relied on an unlock before. iTunes usually activated it for me automatically after each update. So I am just wondering if I have To wait for a new method or there is something wrong with my phone? Btw I live in Canada and this phone is from france

Thanks in advance for answer
    2011-05-27 08:22 AM
    Is your iPhone officially unlocked (as in, unlocked by the carrier or from the factory, without using ultrasn0w)?

If it is, then I'd recommend either restoring+reactivating it; or jailbreak it, install SAM (from Cydia repo http://repo.bingner.com), de-activate through SAM's utilities, and then re-activate.

If your iPhone is not officially unlocked, then you'll need to upgrade to the iPad baseband via redsn0w and then run ultrasn0w to unlock--but be warned, using the iPad baseband may break your GPS functionality, possibly permanently.
    2011-05-27 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD