I have an iPhone 4 with 02.10.04 baseband, and I haven't updated since 4.1.
    Anyways, what's the latest unlock/ jailbreak for 02.10.04? Should I just wait till iOS 5?

Last question, can I still use/ access my iPhone if I jailbreak it but don't unlock it? I got a different phone, so I'm not worried about using it as a phone. But I used it a lot for work, and school and I remember when I jailbroke with 4.1, I couldn't access my phone unless I unlocked it or put in a sim.

Thank you to anyone who can answer my questions.
    2011-06-09 04:44 PM
    There isn't one. There is nothing special about the 02.10.04 baseband, so upgrade or not, it doesn't matter.
    There is no unlock for iOS 5 either.
    Yes, all you really need to do is activate it with Redsn0w or some other similar program.
    2011-06-09 08:40 PM
    There isn't one. There is nothing special about the 02.10.04 baseband, so upgrade or not, it doesn't matter.
    There is no unlock for iOS 5 either.
    Yes, all you really need to do is activate it with Redsn0w or some other similar program.
    Thank you for answering my questions. When I said if there are any upgrades for my baseband, I meant any firmware updates where I can unlock using my baseband, as 02.10.04 isn't the most compatible one. Sorry about not expanding.

So activating, and unlocking are two different things? I can just jailbreak to 4.3.3 and activate it using Redsn0w and I can access all my apps, wi-fi, mail, etc?
    2011-06-09 08:57 PM
    Yep, activating and unlocking are two different things. Well, jailbreaking is a 3rd thing. Activating means putting your phone in a state where it can be used. An unactivated phone is stuck in a screen saying it must be activated using iTunes. An activated one can be fully used. Unlocking is so you can use the phone with a different cell provider than the one that sold the phone (i.e. people unlock an AT&T phone to use on T-Mobile). Jailbreak installs Cydia and lets you install non-Apple approved apps.
    You can jailbreak if you'd like, but activation is all you really need to use the phone and RedSn0w will let you do it.
    2011-06-09 09:08 PM
    Thank you so much for the help, I'm gonna go update, jailbreak, and activate. The long process begins.
    2011-06-09 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD