im still a little shaky on the correct iphone-terminology, so pls bear... i just picked up an iphone which is already unlocked by the dealer and is at 1.1.4. (Q1-unlocked meaning i can use my own GSM sim to make calls/sms right ?)

so now i need to jailbreak it ? so i can install rogue apps(Q2-what is a rogue app?)

can some1 please point me to which are the correct tutorials i need to read. and maybe a page / list about each of these programs and their purpose? cuz there seem to be several programs which do similar things ? Q3- are jailbreak and ZiPhone the same thing?

much appreciated, thanks
    2008-03-20 11:23 AM
    im still a little shaky on the correct iphone-terminology, so pls bear... i just picked up an iphone which is already unlocked by the dealer and is at 1.1.4. (Q1-unlocked meaning i can use my own GSM sim to make calls/sms right ?)

so now i need to jailbreak it ? so i can install rogue apps(Q2-what is a rogue app?)

can some1 please point me to which are the correct tutorials i need to read. and maybe a page / list about each of these programs and their purpose? cuz there seem to be several programs which do similar things ? Q3- are jailbreak and ZiPhone the same thing?

much appreciated, thanks
    If you have an icon named "installer" then you phone is already jailbroken. if not, the just use ziphone, and only click on jailbreak. When you get the installer icon, just take a look at the packages, there will be a "more info" option and you can see what the app is all about. There are too many apps to read up on all of them. I recommend summerboard(change theme/icons on phone). Just give it a go and check out the different apps, lots of games and useful tools. and Yes,,Unlocked meaning you can use any sim card out there.
    2008-03-20 12:32 PM
    Yes, unlocked means you can use any other service provider's sim.

In order to unlock an iPhone the steps are as follow:

1. Activate - get rid of the slide for emergency screen
    2. Jailbreak - Be able to install 3rd party (non apple apps) on the iPhone
    3. Unlock - To be able to use any sim card with your iPhone.

If your iphone is unlocked then it has been activated and jailbroken. If you see a icon for Installer then it has been jailbroken.

You can use Ziphone or iplus to activate,jailbreak and unlock a new iphone.

3rd party apps (rogue apps) are applications developed by people to add what apple left out.

You can install these applications through installer, where you will find the softwares. You can add more sources to installer to find more applications
    Guide on how to add sources - http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Install_Rogue_Sources
    List of Installer sources - http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Lis...taller_Sources
    2008-03-20 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD