Ah, just noticed you weren't the OP, lol!
    Your case sounds like something could be loose inside the phone since you said it was working fine till you dropped it. If you're not afraid to take it apart, you might see if all the connectors are good and tight. I would pay particular attention to the antenna connector, #7.
    Well I am the OP
    The phone can read the ICCID fine. I looked through the headphone jack and the sticker is still white.
    Is the baseband chip or antenna part of the logic board. is it replaceable?
    2011-06-30 04:49 PM
    Baseband chip isn't easily replaceable as it's soldered to the logic board under one of those metal shields. It takes specialized equipment to replace it, although there are some places that have a baseband replacement service, but it's costly. The antenna is replaceable, but it's just a plastic flex. Its connector could pop off, so you might check that. It's also possible the antenna is bad. There's not a lot to it being just a flex sticker, but flex cables do go bad on occasion.

HottSushiz - since your phone also randomly reboots, use a light and peer into the SIM hole and make sure none of the pins are bent. It could be if any of the pins are bent, they could touch, shorting out the phone and causing it to reboot. Worst case scenario is that drop may have cracked a solder joint on a chip or cracked the logic board itself causing the problem.
    2011-06-30 05:10 PM
    is the antenna part of the dock assembly?
    2011-06-30 05:38 PM
    The GSM/cellular connector is part of the dock assembly on the 3G/3GS
    2011-06-30 05:41 PM
    My phone doesn't randomly reboot. It only reboots if it doesn't receive signal for a while then i would get a message to "Restore to iTunes" after that message pops up a few seconds later my iPhone would start to reboot.

Sorry if I'm hi-jacking this thread.
    2011-07-01 06:32 AM
25 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD