I have created an iPhone unlock petition. I have created this petition so AT&T can unlock iPhone for those who have unsubsidized iPhone and those who are not on a contract with AT&T. Please sign the petition and have AT&T unlock our iPhones.

iPhone 4 Unlock

Thank you.
    2011-07-18 03:24 PM
    signed..
    2011-07-18 08:12 PM
    Signed
    2011-07-19 08:11 AM
    Although I like the idea, it won't help, you might as well sell your AT&T locked iPhones and buy a factory unlocked one off eBay.

Other option would be to buy a GeveySIM, then put in a different simcard like T-Mobile, make a few calls then ask T-Mobile to unlock it.
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone
    2011-07-19 11:26 AM
    Although I like the idea, it won't help, you might as well sell your AT&T locked iPhones and buy a factory unlocked one off eBay.

Other option would be to buy a GeveySIM, then put in a different simcard like T-Mobile, make a few calls then ask T-Mobile to unlock it.
    Dont see how that could be possible seeing as tmobile doesnt carry the iphone 4. Anyway, I signed the petition HOPING for something to come out of it.
    2011-07-19 12:30 PM

Thanks Jay, I do have my iPhone 4 unlocked using the Gevey card and it works well. But I would like AT&T to be more reasonable and allow us to have our iPhones unlocked. It seems like every carrier around world would unlock iPhones except AT&T. T-Mobile USA would unlock the iPhone without any hesitation but they can't because they don't have access to Apple's database since they don't carry the iPhone.
    2011-07-19 02:40 PM
    It seems like every carrier around world would unlock iPhones except AT&T.
    It's because every other country has better consumer protection laws than the US. Many countries have laws requiring the carrier to unlock off-contract phones for a customer in good standing for a reasonable fee. I signed, but I have doubts AT&T will care unless they HAVE to.
    2011-07-19 03:23 PM
    Signed
    2011-07-19 03:47 PM
    Brilliant idea but it might not do any good. Signed none the less.
    2011-07-19 03:48 PM
    signed
    2011-07-20 09:30 PM
    2011-07-22 06:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD