Just updated and restarted my phone. This is great, once the phone finds service, furiousmod turns on data roaming for you. So gevey ultra is almost as good as an ultrasn0w non-ipad BB unlock now. (The only things worse than ultrasn0w is that it takes a couple mins to unlock in the background, and if you go into "no service" for long enough, it won't be able to find signal again without restarting the phone - but for the record, I've only had that happen to me once in the past 7 weeks or so).
    2011-07-31 02:50 AM
    Just updated and restarted my phone. This is great, once the phone finds service, furiousmod turns on data roaming for you. So gevey ultra is almost as good as an ultrasn0w non-ipad BB unlock now. (The only things worse than ultrasn0w is that it takes a couple mins to unlock in the background, and if you go into "no service" for long enough, it won't be able to find signal again without restarting the phone - but for the record, I've only had that happen to me once in the past 7 weeks or so).
    I also have noticed that it does automatically turn on data roaming for you while messing around with a test phone I have.

The only downside I have noticed is that if data isn't being used you will lose the network and have to reboot to get the network back. This happened to me once so far while using TMobile. The Edge "E" icon disappeared on me and the only way to get it back was to reboot. Of course it only happened after not using data for about 3 weeks though and it was one time but it is something to look out for.
    2011-07-31 05:33 AM
    I also have noticed that it does automatically turn on data roaming for you while messing around with a test phone I have.

The only downside I have noticed is that if data isn't being used you will lose the network and have to reboot to get the network back. This happened to me once so far while using TMobile. The Edge "E" icon disappeared on me and the only way to get it back was to reboot. Of course it only happened after not using data for about 3 weeks though and it was one time but it is something to look out for.
    You go 3 weeks both without using data and without rebooting your phone?... I find myself rebooting my phone at least once a week.
    2011-07-31 05:43 AM
    You go 3 weeks both without using data and without rebooting your phone?... I find myself rebooting my phone at least once a week.
    It was a test to determine the pros and cons of using the new Gevey Ultra
    2011-07-31 06:06 AM
    Wow, why do you have to reboot your phone once a week? I can go months without rebooting mine, which is why I haven't bothered to upgrade to the Gevey Ultra yet.
    2011-08-01 04:20 PM
    Wow, why do you have to reboot your phone once a week? I can go months without rebooting mine, which is why I haven't bothered to upgrade to the Gevey Ultra yet.
    Always seems to be some reason to reboot it. Updates or new package downloads from cydia, the occasional random battery drainage issue (where something stays running in the background), lost signal for too long to get back onto t-mobile (only happened twice so far), etc. Had to turn my phone off a few times as well when I had it in places where I wasn't supposed to bring a cell phone into. I found myself rebooting my phone a lot more with the fake gevey though because I seemed to get a lot more battery drainage issues when I had it (can't say for sure it was the fake gevey causing the issue though because I restored my phone in itunes after I switched to gevey ultra)
    2011-08-10 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD