Hi all, its been a while since I've jailbroken an iphone..I have a 4G which was factory unlocked from Apple..a friend of mine Jailbroke the phone for me, but It doesn't accept a sim anymore, aka I have no signal, obviously the Unlock has gone..Its now on 4.3.1, firmware 03.10.01..I tried reseting the phone to factory settings using the phone, but it comes back with the Jailbreak and cydia there..

Totally confused as to what to do..Is it possible to jailbreak it and retain the factory unlock? If not can I return it so its unlocked again?

I apologise if its a repetitive question, or if I posted in the wrong forum..I would appreciate any help or pointers...

Thanks,
    2011-08-11 06:24 PM
    Just restore it to official firmware via itune, it should bring it back to factory unlocked state.
    2011-08-12 01:31 AM
    You can't lose a factory unlock. If it's factory unlocked, it will always recognize any SIM. If it doesn't do it now, it's not factory unlocked. Although, you could try the above mentioned a do a restore through iTunes. If it really is factory unlocked, after the restore, you may put any SIM in and the iPhone will activate through iTunes.

If it does not, you'll need to buy a Gevey SIM to unlock it.
    2011-08-13 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD