hi,
    I have a spare iPhone 3GS that I've been using as an iPod since the purchase of an iPhone 4 last year.
    over the past weekend, I had it jailbroken with iOS 4.1 w/ baseband 5.11.07 using sn0wbreeze 2.1 successfully.
    however, unlock doesn't seem to work - I've tested the phone with a friend's T-mobile SIM card and it displayed "no service".
    I'd like to be able to use the phone w/ T-mobile.

here's my question: do I leave the old AT&T SIM card IN or OUT when going through the jailbreak/unlock process? or do I need to have a T-mobile SIM in?

thank you!
    2011-08-22 10:02 PM
    When jailbreaking, it doesn't matter what sim is in. Just as long as it can be unlocked is the question
    2011-08-22 10:05 PM
    I usually have the AT&T sim in during the restore. It allows access to the springboard. Set-up wifi, install ultrasn0w for the unlock, reboot, insert the T-Mo sim, this is when I get the activation message. Install a push app to get the certs.
    2011-08-22 10:10 PM
    I usually have the AT&T sim in during the restore. It allows access to the springboard. Set-up wifi, install ultrasn0w for the unlock, reboot, insert the T-Mo sim, this is when I get the activation message. Install a push app to get the certs.
    i usually have it as such as well on a restore but if its just for jailbreaking, it shouldnt matter as your already on the SB
    2011-08-22 10:40 PM
    I think I have done what you wrote here - I also installed ultrasn0w, rebooted, inserted T-mobile SIM, but I didn't get the activation message nor the phone displayed T-mobile as the carrier.

I'm thinking maybe I should've opted the following during the snowbreeze process?
    STEP 7: Click on General, and check on Activate the iPhone [Hacktivate] if you are on unofficial carrier and want to hacktivate your phone by Sn0wbreeze.

do I need to choose this option with the old AT&T SIM or the T-mobile SIM in the phone?
    again, I'd like to use the phone via T-mobile.

thanks for your help!
    2011-08-22 11:32 PM
    If you're stuck at the emergency screen, the yes. Use activate in Snowbreeze. Not all inactive AT&T sims will work. I have (3) old ones -- only one is still working.
    2011-08-22 11:36 PM
    If you're stuck at the emergency screen, the yes. Use activate in Snowbreeze. Not all inactive AT&T sims will work. I have (3) old ones -- only one is still working.
    not stuck at the emergency screen - the phone seems to work properly, except it doesn't work with T-mobile SIM.

I'll try the whole thing again with sn0wbreeze with the "Activate the iPhone" option checked this time and see if that fixes it.

thank you!
    2011-08-23 02:07 AM
    not stuck at the emergency screen - the phone seems to work properly, except it doesn't work with T-mobile SIM.

I'll try the whole thing again with sn0wbreeze with the "Activate the iPhone" option checked this time and see if that fixes it.

thank you!
    Did you happen to install ultrasn0w from cydia? if nots thats your problem...
    2011-08-23 07:33 AM
    Did you happen to install ultrasn0w from cydia? if nots thats your problem...
    ultrasn0w seemed to be installed correctly, but the phone did not display T-mobile as the carrier.
    I'm doing the whole sn0wbreeze process again and will select the "hacktivate" option this time to see if that's the problem.
    thanks!
    2011-08-23 09:37 AM
    FYI, it works now
    basically the "hactivate" option was the only change I made to make it work.
    thanks!
    2011-08-23 08:57 PM
    Congratulations
    2011-08-23 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD