User Tag List

Hi all!

I have a iphone 2g, with 3.1.3 Firmware. (04.05.04_G BB) My push notifications don't work so i decided to install SAM because Push Doctor and Push Fix doesn't work. (Push doctor hasn't more certs)

I had hacktivate my phone with redsnow 0.94. Well, i restored to 3.1.3 and unlock again. Then i followed this steps:
    - Add http://repo.bingner.com as a repo in Cydia
    - Install "SAM" and "SAMPrefs"
    - Click "Revert Lockdownd to Stock" in Settings>SAM
    - Go to Settings > SAM again and touch "De-Activate iPhone"
    - Connect to itunes (and supposedly iphone was activated)

That's allright, but, when i connect to itunes appears this window:
    http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content...activation.jpg
    SAM don't run (in SAM status say Unactivated) and if i press Continue, it ask me a telep. number and all i put are wrong.

I've been watching videos and when i connect with itunes, automatically iphone should be activated.

It happen?? Sam can't be used with iphone 2g or firmware 3.1.3??I need fix my notifications!
    If anyone know how fix this on my iphone 2g tell me plz, I'd be very grateful!!

Greetings!

(Sorry for my english!You know...)
    2011-08-31 09:10 AM
    Last i try is restore with whited00r firmware but nothing... I don't know what to do!!
    Also i try with oficcial firmware install sam and different ways to install and deactivate etc.. but nothing...

Plz help!
    2011-08-31 07:18 PM
    In all honesty I think you should buy an official carrier's SIM (whichever carrier your device is locked to), and just restore, use the SIM to activate, then jb. It's a lot easier that way and the only 100% guaranteed working solution for eliminating the side effects of hacktivation.
    2011-08-31 07:58 PM
    Hii!!

Good... I'm from spain, and iphone it's from usa, so official carrier is at&t. I could get a official SIM of at&t to active? How cost this? I'm interested in know how. Here there isn't at&t...

I can't do with SAM so i'm open to any other option!

Thanks for answer me i.Annie!!
    Greetings!
    2011-08-31 08:54 PM
    Check eBay, it shouldn't be much at all. It doesn't matter if it is active or not, or prepaid or contract, any AT&T SIM will work.
    2011-08-31 10:13 PM
    FYI. I have 3 AT&T sims, only 1 works. No idea what's different.
    2011-08-31 10:29 PM
    Mmm... But... If you have 3, and only one work... why? :S According i.Annie said, all sim must be work no? I need any that i can use on iphone 2g, only i want is notifications! jeej Someone sells?

(I've read that some at&t sim are "prepared" to use 3G so, when you put on iphone 2G, this doesn't work... maybe for this?)

Thanks for answer!!
    2011-08-31 11:18 PM
    Technically speaking, any would work. Sometimes things don't work for some reason ...
    2011-08-31 11:20 PM
    The reasons why only 1 sim works are unknown to me (I've never been an AT&T customer). Maybe some are old, maybe they are like you said, 'prepared'. Because 1 works, I never took the time to investigate why the others did not. I have no idea
    2011-08-31 11:25 PM
    If iphone already has been activated with original sim at his moment, later, when i try with other at&t sim don't work? or it's independet?

EDIT: And why sam don't work neither? All people i've read that they have tried, work us!
    Last edited by IgnatiusB; 2011-08-31 at 11:32 PM.
    2011-08-31 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD