I had an old Gevey that worked fine except it needed to manually dial 112 and do the unlocking steps every time the iPhone 4 reboots

MMS, Facetime and Data/3G all worked just fine but Facetime has a normal behaviour of activating with the cost of an International SMS and if I turned it Off and then On again, it would send another SMS

Yesterday I got the newer Gevey Ultra from Applenberry (the original one with F981 chip and FuriousMod source) and it is awesome. No need to dial 112 or other unlocking procedure, and it works untethered so even when the iPhone reboots it gets a network signal just 20 sec after the iPhone starts

It also has way better signal (full network bars)

The only annoying problem is that every time the iPhone reboots Facetime turns Off automatically and turning it On will send that stupid International SMS and that costs a lot of money

Any solution ?
    2011-09-23 12:33 PM
    Hm that's odd, I don't think I have seen anyone else with this problem. But maybe others don't use FaceTime to realize it, maybe its a side effect of using the Gevey SIM. or it could be a random bug. If it were mine I'd do a restore and see if it still does it. If so then its likely just an issue with the Gevey. But if a restore is too much of a hassle it might help for you to find some of the Gevey Ultra threads and ask the people in there if they experience this little issue as well.
    2011-09-23 08:04 PM
    Thank you very much for the reply

Restore would be too much hassle indeed

Where can I find threads about the Gevey Ultra ?

I contacted Applenberry but they didn't help me coz I didn't get the Gevey Ultra directly from them
    2011-09-24 04:21 AM
    Search in our search bar on top of the page and type Gevey Ultra. You'll find them that way, I've seen a few threads on the item. Not particularly the issue you're experiencing but it would be good to ask in those threads bc the actual people who use this product (I don't) are there
    2011-09-24 04:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD