User Tag List

2011-11-17 11:32 PM
    That's a lot of steps.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2011-11-17 11:54 PM
    That's a lot of steps.
    CerO, you are always funny ..LMAO..

Just to add if cutting down the sim and you still cannot unlock it , you just wasted 10 - 15 bucks.

I am going to try it out on my 3gs. Do you need to restore it again ?

Just tried but does not work on my foreign sim which has service. It pops up invalid sim right away.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-11-18 at 12:54 AM.
    2011-11-18 12:34 AM
    CerO, you are always funny ..LMAO..

Just to add if cutting down the sim and you still cannot unlock it , you just wasted 10 - 15 bucks.

I am going to try it out on my 3gs. Do you need to restore it again ?

Just tried but does not work on my foreign sim which has service. It pops up invalid sim right away.
    Supposedly works on 3GS and 4 as well. I think you need data with your T-Mo or other carrier card. Tried with a non-data pre-paid T-Mo card and couldn't get it activated (step 13 I think) because of no connection. Did it with my T-Mo data card and it worked perfectly.

It is a lot of steps but I think overall its easier than jailbreaking just for an unlock (jailbreakme method notwithstanding).
    2011-11-18 01:04 AM
    will this last through reboots or will we have to perform the steps all over again each time?
    2011-11-18 01:11 AM
    So is this legit or not? Don't need something in the forums that people could mess up there phone with.
    2011-11-18 01:13 AM
    I've heard about this method already. Was skeptical of course, but I haven't had much to say about it just bc I don't know if it really works or not. It's interesting though...I'm hoping more people will try it so we can verify it works (or not) lol.
    2011-11-18 01:31 AM
    Hmm...saw a thread about this weeks ago. Watched and wondered. Trying it on my spare iPhone 4. Doesn't go back to splash screen though when putting different sim in. Just says invalid sim when taking it off airplane mode. Maybe it requires 4.11.08 baseband...but going to that means no going back and no gevey support.
    2011-11-18 01:50 AM
    any 1 know if this will work on sprint?
    2011-11-18 03:39 AM
    If I have my redsnow tethered jailbreak and it asks me to reboot my iphone, what should I do?
    2011-11-18 04:15 AM
    any 1 know if this will work on sprint?
    Probably not. CDMA carriers in the US don't support any GSM carriers to work on the iPhone. So if you tried this with an AT&T and T-mobile SIM nothing would happen, bc the AT&T SIM is supposed to trick the device and create this glitch. It can't happen if an AT&T SIM can't even legit activate a Sprint iPhone.

Well that's my logic at least.
    2011-11-18 04:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD