I've had an unlocked/jailbroken iPhone 3g since April (hand-me-down), have had a couple fixable problems with it, but overall it was working fine until this evening, when suddenly it started saying "No Service" in an area where I generally get service. Walking around, going out/inside didn't help, and even when I got home the problem persisted (gave it about an hour to see if it was just a signal problem). Soooo, I custom restored/re-jailbroke/re-unlocked it and am still having the same problem. I've read this happening to other people the first time they jailbroke, but the phone was fine for months and I didn't do anything new to it, just pulled it out of my purse. Anybody else had this problem, any advice? Thanks!
    2012-02-03 08:48 AM
    If you are using ipad bb, do an update of ipd bb again.
    2012-02-03 10:29 AM
    I think I'm doing it wrong... I tried selecting the box in redsn0w to have to install the ipad bb but then redsn0w crashes when I try to re-jailbreak.
    2012-02-04 03:10 AM
    iPhone 3G, was working fine for about 1 month after jailbreak/unlock and now it can't hold the cell phone service and shows "No Service".
    I put the sim in another phone (non iphone) and it picks up the cell service without an issue.
    Does anyone have a solution for this or is it just the jailbreak/unlock that has gone bad?
    Thanks for any and all help!
    2012-03-30 11:24 PM
    Try flashing with ipad bb if you are using ipad bb. Make sure you uncheck install cydia as you are already jailbroken.
    2012-03-31 05:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD