I have an iPhone 3G 4.1 06.15.00 iPad BB. I rely on an unlock for T-mobile and I don't have any data plans. I used sn0wbreeze 2.9.1 to cook up a 4.1 cFW. (I only ticked the box for the battery percentage). I put my iPhone into DFU mode using the steps from redsnow 0.9.6b6. I opened up iTunes, it recognizes it in recovery mode. I hold SHIFT + click on Restore and choose the 4.1 cFW I just created. I insert an unofficial AT&T SIM card in. It passes the emergency call screen. I turned off 3G, accessed my WiFi. Open Cydia and wait for it to download and load packages. I tap on install ultrasn0w, my iPhone reboots. What am I doing wrong? Please help. Thanks!
    2012-02-25 10:58 AM
    I had the same problem yesterday. http://modmyi.com/forums/general/799...boot-loop.html

It is an issue with mobilesubtrate. I had to move up to 4.2.1 and it worked fine. I used Snowbreeze to enter pwned DFU mode and made sure that Tinyumbrella removed the Cydia redirect for the firmware verification (under advanced options).
    2012-02-25 11:25 AM
    Thanks! I guess the only way is to update to 4.2.1.. which is a bummer because the OS is really slow! I am currently on 3.1.3 right now but I want to install apps that require OS4 (Facebook). I heard that 4.1 is faster than 4.2.1 so that's why. I am going to restore to cFW 4.2.1. Thank you again(:
    2012-02-25 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD