Hi,

I am going to buy a used Iphone 4s today. Seller told me that the phone is factory unlocked but i dont know if that really is. Is there any way i can identify if the phone is locked / Factory unlocked?
    2012-03-19 11:19 AM
    take a sim or two of different providers and use it on the phone when u meet the seller and see if they both work fine (make calls send texts)
    2012-03-19 12:42 PM
    Hi,

I am going to buy a used Iphone 4s today. Seller told me that the phone is factory unlocked but i dont know if that really is. Is there any way i can identify if the phone is locked / Factory unlocked?
    you cannot identify it just by looking at the settings, you have to pop in a provider's sim card and if there is reception, then check it with another provider's sim card, and if both shows reception, then it is factory unlocked
    2012-03-19 12:47 PM
    you cannot identify it just by looking at the settings, you have to pop in a provider's sim card and if there is reception, then check it with another provider's sim card, and if both shows reception, then it is factory unlocked
    What if the phone is unlocked through other procedure? well, that will definately iderntify all networks...

take a sim or two of different providers and use it on the phone when u meet the seller and see if they both work fine (make calls send texts)
    Iím talking about factory unlock. Not simply unlock (i.e. ultra snow/ black snow)
    Thanks for your understatingÖ
    Last edited by byazid; 2012-03-19 at 03:16 PM.
    2012-03-19 02:29 PM
    Just put a Tmobile sim in reboot it tmobie should pop up if not its not a factory unlocked iphone there is no unlock out for 4s yet - I have a factory unlocked 4s
    2012-03-19 05:22 PM
    Just put a Tmobile sim in reboot it tmobie should pop up if not its not a factory unlocked iphone there is no unlock out for 4s yet - I have a factory unlocked 4s
    I agree. The only way to unlock a 4S is with an unlock sim like gevey if its on the right baseband. Factory 4S wont have that issue. Pop carrier sim in and verify it has signal.
    2012-03-19 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.