So a friend of mine found a iPhone 4S the other day and is trying to switch from his BB over to it. Hes on sprint, and the phone he found is on sprint. He told me he went online and attempted to do it via the web but was told it couldnt because the phone was "already activated" anyone know how to fix this? thanks!
    2012-04-02 06:23 PM
    Yeah.... That'll get blacklisted... It'll be about as good as an iPod.
    2012-04-02 06:31 PM
    ah damn, is there no way around that?
    2012-04-02 07:58 PM
    Nope... Once a device is reported lost or stolen, it's blacklisted in the country... That's the end of that chapter
    2012-04-02 08:11 PM
    Not in the US it's not. It just gets blacklisted with the carrier. It'll be bad ESN for Sprint, but can still be used with PagePlus (CDMA) or unlocked for T-Mobile or AT&T if you use something like the Gevey Ultra S (assuming it's still on 5.0.1).
    2012-04-03 04:57 PM
    Not in the US it's not. It just gets blacklisted with the carrier. It'll be bad ESN for Sprint, but can still be used with PagePlus (CDMA) or unlocked for T-Mobile or AT&T if you use something like the Gevey Ultra S (assuming it's still on 5.0.1).
    I have a Sprint iPhone 4s, how can I use it on PagePlus? Any website with steps?
    2012-04-03 06:01 PM
    I don't know the specific steps, unfortunately. I've read generic info about programming a CDMA iPhone 4 and 4S to work on other carriers, and that requires jailbreaking to allow modification of the carrier.prl file. Haven't found anything specific to PagePlus, but PagePlus will activate any non-banned, non-prepaid Verizon ESN and any non-Verizon ESN, banned or not.
    2012-04-03 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD