I'm active duty military and I'm deploying in the near future. AT&T will unlock my phone for free because I'm deploying. They sent me an email with the steps on how to unlock it. Basically all I have to do at the point is restore my phone with iTunes and my phone will be unlocked. I don't want to restore it because that would mean updating to iOS 8.1.3 and loosing my jailbreak. Is there anything I can do that doesn't involve loosing my jailbreak?
    2015-02-24 08:10 PM
    You really don't have to restore, although the carrier recommends it. Just have it unlocked and put in a new carriers sim card (doesn't even have to be an active sim) and it may kick you to the activation screen. Once you see the new carriers name in the status bar you know it's unlocked.
    2015-02-24 08:28 PM
    I'm active duty military and I'm deploying in the near future. AT&T will unlock my phone for free because I'm deploying. They sent me an email with the steps on how to unlock it. Basically all I have to do at the point is restore my phone with iTunes and my phone will be unlocked. I don't want to restore it because that would mean updating to iOS 8.1.3 and loosing my jailbreak. Is there anything I can do that doesn't involve loosing my jailbreak?
    You can also try
    1. toggling on/off airplane mode.
    or
    2. reset network settings
    2015-02-25 07:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD