User Tag List

My iphone 6s plus (mkw52ll/a) seems to have become locked to Tmobile. It was given to me as a Birthday gift and I was told it was unlocked, I even looked up the serial number as it said unlocked. Plus the back of the box has GSM and CDMA listed. So I took the T-Mobile sim from Note Edge and trimmed it to fit the iphone tray. The phone was working fine in spite of Ts crappy coverage here. Then 3 days ago I purchased a Straight Talk activation kit. Ive tried a few kits and all of the sims. Only the Tmobile sim will work now. The tmobile account was under my ex. So I had him check for a lock and tmobile isn't showing one for the iphone. I really dont want to use the Straight Talk Tmobile sim. I bought the kit so i could go with verizon or att. Not sure what to do here. Its active and works in my co workers iphone 6 plus. But wont work in my 6s Plus. The S.T ATT sim is fine. It works on my co workers 6 plus.

If there is no free option for wiping out this tmobile junk, maybe someone could direct me to a cheap effective unlocking site.
    2016-01-07 08:21 AM
    My iphone 6s plus (mkw52ll/a) seems to have become locked to Tmobile. It was given to me as a Birthday gift and I was told it was unlocked, I even looked up the serial number as it said unlocked. Plus the back of the box has GSM and CDMA listed. So I took the T-Mobile sim from Note Edge and trimmed it to fit the iphone tray. The phone was working fine in spite of Ts crappy coverage here. Then 3 days ago I purchased a Straight Talk activation kit. Ive tried a few kits and all of the sims. Only the Tmobile sim will work now. The tmobile account was under my ex. So I had him check for a lock and tmobile isn't showing one for the iphone. I really dont want to use the Straight Talk Tmobile sim. I bought the kit so i could go with verizon or att. Not sure what to do here. Its active and works in my co workers iphone 6 plus. But wont work in my 6s Plus. The S.T ATT sim is fine. It works on my co workers 6 plus.

If there is no free option for wiping out this tmobile junk, maybe someone could direct me to a cheap effective unlocking site.
    Just because the new SIM card did not work doesn't necessarily mean it's locked. I'm not sure what the process is called but in some cases you may need to take it to a cell service provider and they can make it work. I've had this issue and I took it in to the store. The guy did something on their computers and got it to work.

***also I believe T-Mobile can unlock it for you if it's locked. As long as the phone has been payed off in full I think they unlock it for free. Not sure you may want to look into that if in fact your phone is locked.
    Last edited by jayrodtalavera; 2016-01-12 at 01:22 PM.
    2016-01-12 01:20 PM
    Try a restore through I tunes, if its unlocked it will say "congratulations your Iphone is unlocked" Then the problem is either the sim or the phone
    2016-01-14 03:03 AM
    All T-Mobile phones are unlocked, may want to take it back and have them check it out.
    smaller sig.png
    2016-01-14 06:51 PM
    Easiest way to tell if it is locked is putting a different carrier sim, so in this case the ATT ST sim. If it is locked the phone will kick back to the activation screen and give you a SIM card not valid message on the screen. If this isn't what you are experiencing when the ATT ST sim is in then your phone is unlocked and you have a different issue.
    2016-01-16 04:08 AM
    i have a 6S plus and its locked to tmobile
    2016-02-24 04:42 PM
    i have a 6S plus and its locked to tmobile
    Must have got it straight from T-mobile. T-mobile iPhones bought from T-mobile directly are locked. Bought through Apple store they are unlocked.
    2016-02-24 05:24 PM
    Must have got it straight from T-mobile. T-mobile iPhones bought from T-mobile directly are locked. Bought through Apple store they are unlocked.
    Yup
    smaller sig.png
    2016-02-24 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD