User Tag List

Can someone recommend an unlock service (ebay or other) which you've used recently and have gotten good results. I'm locked to AT&T.

TIA
    Last edited by daytonaviolet; 2016-04-13 at 05:17 AM.
    2016-04-12 12:40 AM
    There are a bunch on eBay that are really cheap. Check their feedback and I'm sure you'll find a good one. You can also use Chronic Unlocks, but they can be expensive.
    smaller sig.png
    2016-04-12 01:30 AM
    i've tried 4 ebay sellers that are really cheap ~ $20 and have not received any unlock. the ones i choose all stated "okay if still in contract". then a few days later (3-5 days) i get a refund stating that they were unable to unlock.

i'm willing to try chronic if they can really unlock. has anyone had any success with them recently?

tia

There are a bunch on eBay that are really cheap. Check their feedback and I'm sure you'll find a good one. You can also use Chronic Unlocks, but they can be expensive.
    2016-04-12 03:24 AM
    Chronic is a company that has always been on the up and up. Never heard of anyone having an issue with them.
    smaller sig.png
    2016-04-12 04:05 AM
    What carrier are you trying to unlock?
    2016-04-12 04:29 AM
    Chronic is a company that has always been on the up and up. Never heard of anyone having an issue with them.
    Of course not, everyone loves Chronic
    2016-04-12 06:55 AM
    Of course not, everyone loves Chronic
    Yeah buddy... LoL
    smaller sig.png
    2016-04-13 03:53 AM
    What carrier are you trying to unlock?
    AT&T. Simon do you still unlock? You've done several of my phones before Unlock service for Iphone 6S. I think it was you or perhaps some other mod.
    Last edited by daytonaviolet; 2016-04-13 at 05:28 AM.
    2016-04-13 05:16 AM
    AT&T. Simon do you still unlock? You've done several of my phones before Unlock service for Iphone 6S. I think it was you or perhaps some other mod.
    Wasn't me, was most likely Cowboy. Personally I still use swiftunlocks or chronic. Both are good. Bit pricey right now for ATT, price always gets jacked up and wait time increased when a new device comes out (iPhone SE in this case). A month ago ATT was like $10 on swiftunlocks. If you aren't in a hurry I'd say give it a month or two and those prices will probably come back down.
    2016-04-13 02:08 PM
    Wasn't me, was most likely Cowboy. Personally I still use swiftunlocks or chronic. Both are good. Bit pricey right now for ATT, price always gets jacked up and wait time increased when a new device comes out (iPhone SE in this case). A month ago ATT was like $10 on swiftunlocks. If you aren't in a hurry I'd say give it a month or two and those prices will probably come back down.
    thanks... i'll give them a try.
    2016-04-15 12:15 AM
    I should of chosen chronic. I chose swift on April 14 and my phone is still not unlocked. It's been 6 business days already and no unlock. Sadly I'm on my 2nd vacation day without my ip6s+. So I'm currently using my ip5s which is unlocked.
    Last edited by daytonaviolet; 2016-04-23 at 08:48 AM.
    2016-04-23 08:42 AM
    Chronic would have probably been a similar wait time. When a delay hits one carrier it normally affects all the unlock sellers.
    2016-04-23 02:49 PM
    Update: 8th day and no unlock :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016-04-27 06:47 AM
    Update: 11 business days and still locked :-(
    2016-05-02 03:31 AM
    Following the trend unfortunately. Prices high and wait times long when a new iPhone comes out. Another month or so and prices and wait times will likely go down again. I've had to wait 2 months before for an att unlock to go through during similar times.
    2016-05-02 05:32 AM
    Following the trend unfortunately. Prices high and wait times long when a new iPhone comes out. Another month or so and prices and wait times will likely go down again. I've had to wait 2 months before for an att unlock to go through during similar times.
    So does that mean I may not get unlocked in a timely manner and that I should just ask for a refund? Also i requested unlock at $59 and now the current price is $79. Does that mean I'm ahead of a none moving line? Or is the line slowly moving and the $79 guys have moved ahead of me?
    2016-05-02 05:46 AM
    Hard to say. You may be in a queue with those that paid $59 with a source that is either stalled or moving really slowly right now. The $79 one now may be a different more reliable source, but only swift would know the real answer to that, and whether they tell you that or not, well, none of the unlockers I have used have always been 100% forward with all the info. You can ask for a refund and see if they oblige. If they do take it and try chronic maybe. They don't have to refund you unless it comes back as rejected/not able to unlock though, regardless of the timeline given because with all timelines to do with unlocks they are always estimates. Always be prepared for those estimates to go over in this business because it can and will happen at anytime, just the way things are unfortunately.
    2016-05-03 07:32 PM
    Thanks for the info simon. I probably won't ask for a refund as I would like to unlock this phone eventually. I'm currently in asia visiting family and I'm bummed that I'm unable to use my ip6s+. But oh well. Hope things change soon so others can enjoy there current phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016-05-03 07:50 PM
    Just put through a iPhone 5 att with swift on Tuesday, was done Friday night. So looks like their $79 option is seeing more success. Well, as much as you can take away from one example anyway.
    2016-05-08 05:10 AM
    Has anyone tried Keys2iphone to unlock their phone? They have AT&T unlocks for $30 now.
    2016-05-09 03:41 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD