User Tag List

I have recently received a brand new iPhone 6s in the post... It has been sent to me in error & I have been unable to track down where it is supposed to go... I have even called apple & after a chat for over 60 mins they could not advise as they did not sell it directly...

I was going to use the phone myself but when turning it on & running the normal set up I get to a stage where it says "this phone is managed by ******* & will be automatically set up for you"... The next screen is a log in screen...

It looks like this phone is a company phone & an employee would simply put their details in & the phone would set up for it's self... I cannot seem to break through this issue...

I have tried wiping the phone in the DFU mode but as soon as I put the WiFi code in on the phone I get back to the above message...

I have tried setting up without WiFi & restoring an iPhone backup from iTunes (from my wife's iPhone) but still no luck...

Anyone with any bright ideas? It appears whenever the iPhone 'talks' to the server the server says "you are a company phone"

Is there anyway around this or am I just left with a very expensive brick...

Thanks in advance
    2016-08-16 03:57 PM
    Yeah, I do have a bright idea....return it to the company that send it to you by mistake. Nothing else you can do!
    2016-08-16 04:09 PM
    Yeah, I do have a bright idea....return it to the company that send it to you by mistake. Nothing else you can do!
    I have no Idea who sent it to me.... No paper work, no nothing...
    2016-08-16 04:11 PM
    I have no Idea who sent it to me.... No paper work, no nothing...

Even apple can't tell me where this phone is from as it was sold by them in bulk... They would not tell me where they sold it to as it was a breach of their security to give out that info.
    2016-08-16 04:12 PM
    So this part doesn't say anything? ..."this phone is managed by ******* & will be automatically set up for you"
    2016-08-16 04:16 PM
    So this part doesn't say anything? ..."this phone is managed by ******* & will be automatically set up for you"
    Yes it does... I have called the company & they want nothing to do with it... I have called multiple times & been passed around multiple departments with no luck at all...

It is a big corporation & I imagine a phone will now have simply been re-sent since this one was 'lost in transit' so no one cares.

If I could send it back I would have done by now. Apple don't want to help, neither do the company who I suspect this phone belongs to. Thy just pass me from one department to another & no one can help.
    2016-08-16 05:03 PM
    Strange story, I have to admit.....in any case, there is nothing you can do...you have a brick. Period.
    2016-08-16 05:10 PM
    Strange story, I have to admit.....in any case, there is nothing you can do...you have a brick. Period.
    I admit it does sound like I have stolen someones phone & I am trying to hack it... LOL... Which I suppose I sort of am but at the same time no1 wants the bloody thing off me...

It's harder than you think calling a big firm saying I have a brand new phone that may belong to your company can you help me out... They just sound confused & pass you onto the next guy who does the same.
    2016-08-16 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD