User Tag List

ive just got a new 16gb iphone off ebay and it says that it comes unlocked
    ive done some reading and i no that the new iphones come with a different bootloader then the older ones and that once u downgrade the bootloader
    you cant upgrade to the one that was originally on the phone which could cause issues if u have to send the phone back to apple
    so my question is when this guy unlocks my phone and activates it will he have to downgrade my bootloader to do so
    thanks in advance

well i did some more reading and found out that unlocking does mean u have to downgrade the baseband
    so once u downgrade from 4.6 is there no way of getting back to 4.6 ?
    is this really a problem or is it only a problem if you have to send the phone back for repairs ?
    thanks
    Last edited by FramedTrash; 2008-03-27 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-03-27 02:41 AM
    Nope depends what way he unlocks it if he unlock with ziphone then your stuffed(which he most likely will) but if he unlock with iplus a restore will fix return the baseband.
    also you can still upgrade the baseband if he uses ziphone you just have to take it apart and do some soldering and stuff
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs
    2008-03-27 03:02 AM
    Yeh i dont think i want to be doing that
    is the only downside of having a lower base band is if you have issues with the phone and u need to send it back to apple to repair they can tell you have modded it is that the only problem with it ?
    every thing else works fine doesnt it
    and is this a feature that could be added in future programs
    like a future program that upgrades the baseband to your choice
    thanks
    2008-03-27 04:27 AM
    yes thats the only problem if u have to send it 2 apple but u know the iphone community they can do the impossible so i reckon a upgrader will be out *soon*
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs
    2008-03-28 04:46 AM
    Or start off with iPlus, and be free to revert your baseband when you want.
    2008-03-28 07:01 AM
    It all depends on how he unlocked it, there's 1 or 2 programs that have a work round wich makes it reversabla it does it by using a fake bootloader, thats about as much thatI know but I'm sure someone else can expand on what I've said and put me right if I've got it wrong.
    2008-03-28 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD