i put my iphone i one of those ipod home thing wen i was playing music and the screen got all weird but it still worked then like 5 minute later shut off i thout i was thaa battery cause i only charged it 20% wen i got back home i hooked it up to my computer and it said it was in recovery mode tryed to recover it but it turns off and says error 1603 and its stuck like that can some one help me
    2007-10-08 09:30 AM
    With a little searching, you too can find what the code means.

[quote]
    Error 1603 When Restoring iPhone in iTunes
    Issue

When trying to restore your iPhone in iTunes, you may see the following error message:

The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred. Error 1603

Products affected

* iPhone
    * iTunes 7.3 or later

Solution

Here are several troubleshooting steps that may resolve this issue [/qoute]

Oh hell, you prolly won't be back anyways...

Here's the link. You're welcome.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305868
    2007-10-08 09:37 AM
    its says error 09 now

i mean error 9
    Last edited by EVOMR187; 2007-10-08 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-10-08 10:10 AM
    That sucks.
    2007-10-08 10:10 AM
    i have the same problem can anyone help?

i upgraded to 3.0 on another computer and tried to jailbreak it with redsnow but added icy by mistake so i tried to restore it and i got stuck in dfu mode showing the usb plug and itunes symbol and everytime i try to restore it, it comes up with the 1603 error message. i tried uninstalling itunes and deleting all the application data files and reinstall but it still doesnt work. i tried all of the steps in the link above provided by apple and im completely out of ideas please help i dont want to have to tae it all the way back to the store. Thanks in advance.
    2009-06-30 07:18 AM
    i have the same problem can anyone help?

i upgraded to 3.0 on another computer and tried to jailbreak it with redsnow but added icy by mistake so i tried to restore it and i got stuck in dfu mode showing the usb plug and itunes symbol and everytime i try to restore it, it comes up with the 1603 error message. i tried uninstalling itunes and deleting all the application data files and reinstall but it still doesnt work. i tried all of the steps in the link above provided by apple and im completely out of ideas please help i dont want to have to tae it all the way back to the store. Thanks in advance.
    Well, it's not DFU your stuck in it's recovery mode, but that's what you need to do to restore it.
    Put in DFU, restore in iTunes to a fresh copy of 3.0. Always set up as a new phone, not restore. You will be able to sync with iTunes when your done to recover your contacts apps and stuff.
    Here are instructions for DFU. Install Cydia only, not Icy

DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it’s in restore mode.
    Good luck

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connect and disconnect.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-06-30 at 07:30 AM.
    2009-06-30 07:28 AM
    thans but i've tried both ways way with different versions of the firmware and when i do, the screen stays black untill itunes says preparing ipod for restore and then the screen flashes white and goes to the apple logo with no loading bar or spinning wheel and it stays there till i get the 1604 message in itunes. it still says it is in restore mode when it first shows up in itunes too it doesnt say anything about dfu exept in the windows updater in the corner by the windows clock? any ideas or links to working firmware for ipod touch 1g?
    2009-06-30 08:09 AM
    The only way to get it to restore is get it DFU mode. Believe me when I say how sorry I feel for you. I know this can be upsetting. But, DFU is your only solution.
    2009-06-30 09:26 AM
    Thanks but i was puting it in DFU mode i guess i downloaded a bad firmware and it was recognized and some how stored information on my computer that wasnt letting me restore its probly a security feature in itunes 8.2 or something but i restored my entire laptop back to factory settings and reinstalled itunes and let itunes download the 3.0 firmware(because i did have a good 3.0 software on my other computer before i tried to resore it on my laptop so it updated right to 3.0) and finally 3.0! installed redsnow without icy and im good as new! Thanks for the help tho and i hope others dont have this problem but if they do hope this helps.
    2009-06-30 09:23 PM
    Awesome, happy to hear you solved your problem. Cheers
    2009-06-30 09:26 PM
    160x errors mean you are trying to use an earlier FW. Downloading the correct one usually helps
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-06-30 11:30 PM
    na i was trying to restore to 3.0 i've heard that some of the 130x's also mean usb errors.
    2009-07-01 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD