Im canadian and heading down to the states wednesday for a hockey game, and im debating on buying an iphone. Will I be able to unlock this phone to a rogers network, using a software hack, and not having to pay hundreds of dollars in data fees. Like, if I was to unlock it, and just use the phone part to SMS, and phone calls, will this increase my bill from what it normally is?

Also, if the iphone I buy from the apple store in the US, is firmware version 1.1.1 is it possible to degrade to 1.0.2 and still unlock it?

Thanks
    2007-10-09 09:16 AM
    it's all about the luck u get the iphone with 1.0.2 or 1.1.1 it's 50/50 just buy it and if u can't unlock it just wait for the dev team
     Think Different
    2007-10-09 09:36 AM
    i was reading and it looks like there is a way to degrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2, after doing this, is it still possible to unlock it?

Also, is there a way to check what version of the firmware I have right as I leave the store, cause If i dont have 1.0.2 im just going to return it right there, and try for another one lol
    2007-10-09 09:38 AM
    i was reading and it looks like there is a way to degrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2, after doing this, is it still possible to unlock it?

Also, is there a way to check what version of the firmware I have right as I leave the store, cause If i dont have 1.0.2 im just going to return it right there, and try for another one lol
    u can still downgrade it but wont be able to unlock it yet just wait for the next unlock
     Think Different
    2007-10-09 09:07 PM
    Apple and AT&T are probably not going to return/exchange your phone because it is not the 1.0.2 firmware. So returning it on the spot might be a bit tricky, just look for the iTunesWiFi logo on the box.
    2007-10-10 07:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD