Hey I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to guide me through upgrading my iPhone from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4. I'm under T-Mobile and already have the phone unlocked but I didn't do it myself (I bought it unlocked).

So anyways, I want to upgrade to 1.1.4 but I'm afraid everything will get deleted (Contacts, Calender, Notes, Pics, Music, Apps etc.).. is this the case? Is there a safe way to upgrade?

Any help will be appreciated. =)
    2008-04-01 08:20 AM
    You will lose your apps but everything else can be saved by syncing with iTunes before you restore. After that you can restore in iTunes and make sure to set up as a NEW phone.(that is very important.) Then use your preferred jailbreak/unlock program (iLibertyX, iPlus, Ziphone, etc) to unlock your device. After that sync with itunes again to get back your stuff(sans apps)
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.
    2008-04-01 09:01 AM
    I used iLiberty to do everything but I'm just curious why it's important to set it up as a new phone instead of restoring to my old backup

K i'm having some problems now with my upgraded phone. None of my settings seem to be saving at all. I'll add a new clock or a new place to my weather channel and the next time I come check them they aren't there. Or I'll change a setting to make my contacts sort "First, Last" instead of "Last, First" but it never saves. My Youtube history never saves. Just a few strange things like that. Any help?
    Last edited by disordered; 2008-04-02 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-02 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.