ok, im new to this obviously and i could use some serious help because im hearing so many things from so many different people...

1st-what is the best program?

i heard Zi-Phone is terrible?

ive seen bad things about iLiberyX (i tried jailbraking my gfs iTouch and no themes are showing up in SummerBoard?)

iPlus, as far as ive heard is the best?

2nd- why does it ask to choose "mirrors" when downloading the programs?does this effect the overall outcome?

3rd-What to select when unlocking/activating/jailbraking?

i basically need the EXACT directions on how to do all these things together and how to do them seperatley.and what i need to do if the iTouch or iPhone is running on something lower than 1.1.4.

anyone who can help, please do it! and idc what program you give me the directions for, just let me know what one it is.

4th-PayLoads?
    are these need?if so when do i select which ones?

Thank you to anyone who tries to help me, sorry that i am basically looking for the "Manual" on how to unlock/activate/jailbrake!

aim-kkkennyboy [email protected]
    Last edited by KKKennyBoy; 2008-04-04 at 04:54 AM.
    2008-04-04 04:48 AM
    Check out the guides section. Search for the MANY tutorials on this site for doing all that.

Nobody will be able to give you DETAILED instructions like your looking for in a thread. Best thing to do is check a few guides.
    2008-04-04 04:52 AM
    The answer to all your questions is ZiPhone.

It's by far THE best.

Go To www.ziphone.org, click download, run the program, and you'll be given 4 buttons on the top left corner.

Choose the top button, which is "Do it All!"

You'll be unlocked, jailbroken, and happy haha
    A Thanks is always nice =]
    2008-04-05 11:05 PM
    pwnage... feed it the fw u want... click pwner... make a custom ipsw and restore using the custom ipsw using itunes... newest and currently the safest best method (just make sure u dont feed it a ipod ipsw if are an iphone... and dont feed an ipod iphone files... reports of bricking if u do)

http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php...e_Guide_PWN_It ... thats the link for the guid
    Last edited by cscho0415; 2008-04-05 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks
    2008-04-05 11:51 PM
    pwnage... feed it the fw u want... click pwner... make a custom ipsw and restore using the custom ipsw using itunes... newest and currently the safest best method (just make sure u dont feed it a ipod ipsw if are an iphone... and dont feed an ipod iphone files... reports of bricking if u do)

http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php...e_Guide_PWN_It ... thats the link for the guid
    Best answer out there. From what I can tell about you from your post, if ziPhone crashes on you while you going through the process, I dont think you would be able to work your way out of it. pwn is straight up, safer, and more STABLE!!! ziPhone is the honda civic of unlocking. Get a bimmer. Use a better tool, that in the future you will be able to do more and not worry about your phone being a paperweight
    2008-04-06 12:08 AM
    yup... PWNing is the best answer!
    2008-04-06 03:47 AM
    i heard Zi-Phone is terrible?
    A myth propagaded by haters...

Seriously, if your device is already activated, unlocked, and jailbroken, there is no need to go and "try" pwnage. I for one will try it when it comes out on Windows to upgrade my wife's iPhone back to 4.6 boot loader. I may even try and unlock it as the other methods cannot seem to activate You Tube. My other iPhones will remain as is...if it ain't broke, why fix it...

If you look at some of the posts for the various unlocking methods, you will find that not one is perfect. Pwnage claims to be perfect but there are people having problems. The kewl thing is we have all these options to free up our iPhones...one has to work for you...

As far as detailed instructions, I agree with cpjr, use the "search" function...
    Last edited by rvlyssup; 2008-04-06 at 05:58 AM. Reason: More info...
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Wifey's - 8GB 3G unlocked & jailbroken using blacksn0w, GO GEO!
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.
    Unbranded & Unlocked Custom WM6 Cingy 8125, R.I.P Cingy 8525 (WSOD)
    BB Bold, Miami Ink v3, v235, & an mpx220, all unlocked!
    2008-04-06 05:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD