Dear iPhone users!

SHAPE Services is glad to offer you RDM+ Web-service for your iPhone.
    RDM+: Remote Desktop for Mobiles gives you complete access to your remote PC from anywhere.
    You can participate in beta-testing and win a free licence.
    RDM+ Web-service is free while in beta.

RDM+ is a fast and secure remote access solution that offers you:
    Remote Desktop, File Manager and System Control
    Friendly, easy-to-use interface
    Direct access through NAT and firewall
    Secure connection, strong data encryption

Point your Safari browser on iPhone to:
    www.iphone.rdmplus.com

Your comments and wishes are always welcome.
    You can send us your feedback to [email protected]

Support Team
    SHAPE Services
    www.shapeservices.com
    2007-08-21 03:27 PM
    promising but still has issues. It crashes safari after a few minutes. It keeps getting slower and slower and slower, then bam black screen and back to iphone home.
    2007-08-23 08:28 PM
    Then theres the fact that you type in your desktop access user id and password on their website. This gives them all your information and they can also access your desktop from anywhere

"Don't store information on our servers" MY ***.

This type of thing is very common with remote desktop or server access via a webpage. DON'T DO IT!!!!
    2007-08-23 10:06 PM
    promising but still has issues. It crashes safari after a few minutes. It keeps getting slower and slower and slower, then bam black screen and back to iphone home.
    Thank you for participating in our beta-testing!
    This is a known problem.
    Our developers are working on it.
    We hope to increase connection speed and fix crash problem in the nearest future.

Victoria
    Support Team
    SHAPE Services
    www.shapeservices.com

Then theres the fact that you type in your desktop access user id and password on their website. This gives them all your information and they can also access your desktop from anywhere

"Don't store information on our servers" MY ***.

This type of thing is very common with remote desktop or server access via a webpage. DON'T DO IT!!!!

Let me clarify this situation.
    All data transferring between remote computer and your mobile phone is strongly encrypted using SSL.
    For data encryption RDM+ uses 3DES (Triple DES, CBC mode) algorithm with 128-bits key. The 3DES key is randomly generated each time when the new session is started. It guarantees top level data protection. The data can be decrypted only by mobile device or remote computer.
    RDM Server cannot decrypt these data and doesn't store your computer accounts. The server's only function is to provide communication channel between your mobile phone and remote computer.

SSL is very secure, and all online payment systems use this encryption type, and they have proved their reliability and safety. Using RDM+ is not more risky than using online payment systems.

Also, you can always check if someone is connected to your computer using RDM+ Control Panel. Under "Connections" you can see all active connections.

Victoria
    Support Team
    SHAPE Services
    www.shapeservices.com
    Last edited by SHAPE; 2007-08-28 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-08-28 05:05 PM
    I really do hope it is secure and private, but entering your user id and password on a 3rd party site for e-mail is much different than doing it to log into your computer. You can write paragraphs about secure encryption mumbo jumbo all you want, but at the end of the day its just you telling us its secure and private and us taking your word for it. Personally I don't think its worth it. Not with the kind of info. that is stored on most peoples hard drives these days. I'd rather stick with a pcanywhere or gotomypc type program that doesn't use a website interface. Lets face it, there are MANY people out there that would love to use a site like this to log onto a thousand peoples computers when there away.
    Last edited by timliora; 2007-08-29 at 08:48 PM. Reason: typo error
    2007-08-29 08:47 PM
    I agree. I'd kill to be able to hit my office from my iphone, but there is no way I'm putting a user/pass for my network via someone else's site. Give me this app installed on my phone, I'm in.
    2007-08-30 04:06 AM
    I would have to agree with their team on this....It is as secure as you buying something or paying a bill online. You take Newegg's or another sites word that it is secure. You are never 100% positive yourself that your information is actually secure.

If you don't buy stuff online then this doesn't go for you, but I rather someone else be in my computer then have my CC# and address etc...(which isn't on my computer)
    2007-08-30 04:33 PM
    You can chargeback a fraudulant credit card charge. You can't charge back if someone completely f*cks up your computer with a keylogger, virus, or erases your hard drive entirely. They could steal a million credit card numbers of your customers, including shipping manifest...the list goes on and on. Its much more dangerous than buying something online.
    2007-08-30 04:52 PM
    If your doing stuff online with a computer that has a million credit card numbers and shipping manifest's...etc...then your stupid to begin with.

You having your computer hooked up to the internet means its not 100% secure....ever.

One more thing, you say you would "rather stick with a pcanywhere or gotomypc type program that doesn't use a website interface." When you download their programs, you can never be sure that someone(disgruntled employee?) somehow didn't put in a virus or something that your AV won't pick up and crash your hard drive (with those million credit card #'s).

You can say what you want, but either way your not secure. So you might as well pick one if you want to do it, or don't do it at all.
    Last edited by Bowhuntr11; 2007-08-30 at 11:00 PM.
    2007-08-30 10:55 PM
    Guys. Clean it up or the whole thread gets deleted. If you don't like an app, don't use it. Plain and simple. No reason to try and convince thousands of random people who you'll never meet why you're not going to use it.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-08-31 08:05 PM
    let's kill this thread please... or at least all the garbage that's in it
    2007-08-31 10:32 PM
    Thread pruned. Lets act as adults in here.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-09-01 12:04 AM
    I agree. I'd kill to be able to hit my office from my iphone, but there is no way I'm putting a user/pass for my network via someone else's site. Give me this app installed on my phone, I'm in.
    I understand your concerns. We have RDM+ applications for all most popular mobile platforms (Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Symbian). But we had to create Web service for iPhone, because iPhone is closed device and does not accept 3rd party applications.
    And we have done our best to make Web service as secure as installed application.

Victoria
    Support Team
    SHAPE Services
    www.shapeservices.com
    2007-09-01 09:38 AM
    By the way she talks, I'm betting Victoria is hot.
    2007-09-02 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD