Ok, so I just updated my iphone to 2.2.1 without the baseband upgrade...
    I did something quite stupid and need help fixing the situation any way other than restoring my iphone.

I use an app from cydia called Categories and have a bunch of apps in corresponding categories. Additionally, I had the categories and settings applications, and a few more, in a folder called Settings. After I updated the firmware and reinstalled the Categories app, the folders are no longer visible but nor can I see the apps that were placed in the folders in the first place.

I've tried reinstalling the app and anything else I can think of..

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get back my apps without restoring and starting from scratch? i.e. using terminal or something?

Ironic how the one app that warned me multiple times is the one that I messed up on.
    Last edited by gamorse; 2009-02-09 at 04:04 AM.
    2009-02-09 03:45 AM
    Install SBSettings if you haven't already. Choose the "More" option and then "Hide Icons" Unhide all of the icons you want displayed on your springboard.
    2009-02-09 04:12 AM
    i got same problem , dont show up on sb settings
    2009-02-09 04:19 PM
    i got same problem , dont show up on sb settings
    If they don't show up in SBSetting then they most likely aren't installed. I would check your installed packages via Cydia.
    2009-02-09 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD