Discussion thread for Tether your iphone via USB cable. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.
    2008-08-11 07:38 AM
    Confirmed working. Good find!
    2008-08-11 08:22 AM
    Nice works great
    Are you having fun yet
    2008-08-12 01:21 AM
    2008-08-12 02:34 AM
    I followed the guide and duplicated everything in the screenshots; however, Firefox still says address not found. There is a connection, meaning i was successful in ssh into the phone with file access. I am thankful for any help in advance guys!

I'm using vista 32, and 3g iphone(jailbroken by winpwn on fm 2.0.1)
    2008-08-13 01:56 PM
    Now this is just perfect!
    I tested it and it works like a charme. In my opinion it is better than 3proxy or Netshare.
    More stable and easyer to get connected.

@drew31186: try to open Safari on your iPhone and browse a page before you browse a page via laptop.
    have you installed iTunes? Connect the iPhone with iTunes (you need an internet connection) and let iTunes do its magic.
    can you open a Terminal or SFTP window via Tunnelier Portable?
    2008-08-14 03:51 PM
    wow this works awesome!! thanks alot guys
    2008-08-17 07:25 PM
    is the phone able to die this way like 3proxy?

this cant be done in mac?
    Last edited by pingwhen; 2008-08-18 at 05:43 PM.
    iTouch 2.0 (free update/pwn'd)
    iPhone 3G white (pwn'd)
    MacBook Pro 15inch (using tethered)

2 broken wrists so give me a break. no more 2007 Yamaha r6
    2008-08-18 05:40 PM
    i followed the steps as given. but when i hit the login button on Bitvise Tunnelier it asks for user authentication. I enter the password as the one I entered in the login tab of Bitvise tunnelier. But it fails.
    Am i missing something?
    2008-09-05 06:39 AM
    great sh!t but whats this pingwhen says about die?
    2008-09-06 02:22 AM
    is there an opposite way for this? i mean instead tethering the iPhone to USB how about if i wanted my net connected pc to tether my iPhone. got no router in the house so when i want to upadte or install apps on my iPhone i have to go out for wifi. if there's a way for this i'd really appreciate it. thanks.
    Last edited by macs_domain; 2008-09-07 at 05:50 PM. Reason: corrected mistyped word
    2008-09-07 05:49 PM
    there is a USB version of this, well to that I know of so far, the second one is automated I believe, it's on the general iPhone forum , check there
    2008-09-07 07:57 PM
    This looks very interesting. I'm moving out this weekend so I won't have Broadband for 10 days or so, so I was thinking of being naughty and tethering my iPhone. OK, so I'll miss my 20mBit connection, but 3G speeds will do for a week - at least it will be better than 56k!!

Anyway, for the moral question. Even though my contract includes unlimited WiFi and data, is tethering technically legal?

How well does this method work with Windows and the 3G iPhone?

Am I correct in thinking that a similar app called "iPhoneModem" requires a WiFi connection?

Thanks!!
    2009-04-04 12:46 PM
    thanks
    2009-04-11 07:54 AM
    I had been looking for this, gonna give it a try
    2009-04-30 05:01 PM
    FYI my iphone stopped working yesterday and when I hooked it up to my computer, itunes said that my software was out of date. I had been running OS 3.0 BETA 3, not jailbroken. At this point I had the pink screen of death with no functionality from the phone. After checking with my DEV, I downloaded itunes 8.2 and the full IPSW for BETA 5. Installed itunes and pointed to the IPSW and away it went.

Everything is running smooth again... with an added treat.
    I downloaded the IPCC file for the ATT tethering (from MODMYI).
    Installed it after making sure I had a fully functional phone, running OS 3.0 BETA 5.
    After applying and rebooting, my download speed is 4 times faster than my DSL !

I have been using ATT DSL with a 2WIRE Router. The speed is supposed to be 768KBS,with a reported connection of 100MBS; but ends up being around 60KBS throughput.
    The average speed from the iphone is around 250KBS,
    with a reported connection of 500KBS.
    OF COURSE ATT will probably cut that back once tethering is in production. Don't worry about using the iphone as a tethered modem, I'm sure once ATT figures out what is going on they will charge xtra $$ per month to allow you to use it that way !
    I'm also pretty sure they will ramp the speed down to save bandwidth...

FYI my iphone stopped working yesterday and when I hooked it up to my computer, itunes said that my software was out of date. I had been running OS 3.0 BETA 3, not jailbroken. At this point I had the pink screen of death with no functionality from the phone. After checking with my DEV, I downloaded itunes 8.2 and the full IPSW for BETA 5. Installed itunes and pointed to the IPSW and away it went.

Everything is running smooth again... with an added treat.
    I downloaded the IPCC file for the ATT tethering (from MODMYI).
    Installed it after making sure I had a fully functional phone, running OS 3.0 BETA 5.
    After applying and rebooting, my download speed is 4 times faster than my DSL !

I have been using ATT DSL with a 2WIRE Router. The speed is supposed to be 768KBS,with a reported connection of 100MBS; but ends up being around 60KBS throughput.
    The average speed from the iphone is around 250KBS,
    with a reported connection of 500KBS.
    OF COURSE ATT will probably cut that back once tethering is in production. Don't worry about using the iphone as a tethered modem, I'm sure once ATT figures out what is going on they will charge xtra $$ per month to allow you to use it that way !
    I'm also pretty sure they will ramp the speed down to save bandwidth...
    Last edited by thevmax; 2009-05-09 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-05-09 12:35 PM
    Try PDANET... There is a trial period and it;s fairly decent. I used it before I could get my new laptop connected to the home network.
    2009-05-09 03:18 PM
    Discussion thread for Tether your iphone via USB cable. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Link's not working

2009-07-02 02:45 AM
    Link's not working

It's working. When you click his link a page comes up. Click the [1](it is blue) after the phrase Read the guide here.
    2009-07-03 09:30 AM
    This is awesome!
    2009-07-03 10:20 PM
24 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD