User Tag List

Discussion thread for Iphone skinning. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

I will answer any and all questions you may have about the iPhone skinning tutorial here.
    Last edited by Cody Overcash; 2007-07-15 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-07-15 07:31 AM
    Good work cash
    2007-07-15 07:50 AM
    Ok. I must have tried this 100 times. I just cant get it. I/ve managed to upload tons of ringtones and sounds. Shi. My mail rings in "You've got mail".
    I just cant get these images up. I've developed several graphics packages for these things already. I wish I could get the Icons up. Anyone?
    When I "putfile" if registers the file. But I don't think its copying over the original.
    Heres one of the graphics I've thrown down.

Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing
    2007-07-17 02:54 AM
    That is a sexy looking iPhone. Wow... great work on the design!

Hm. Have you tried deleting the images first, THEN upping the new ones?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-07-17 03:16 AM
    windows or osx? which version of jailbreak. which version of iphone interface?

also I love that icon set, would you mind posting any of your sets in our skinning forum?

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20
    2007-07-17 03:28 AM
    You can delete?? lol I didn't see the command in the Iphoneinterface.

And thank you! Once I get this worked out. I will make a bunch for you all to play with.
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    2007-07-17 03:28 AM
    to delete

rmdir /location/on/the/iphone/filename.extension

for example

rmdir /Applications/Calculator.app/icon.png
    2007-07-17 03:33 AM
    It is JailBreak 11, well the zip file is jailbreak 11 and it came with the iphoneinterface.

Yes I wanna post these up! Just wanna make sure my files are right. I had downloaded your files then just created a psd over one, and created my own icons. Then saved as png.
    2007-07-17 03:34 AM
    osx or windows? I personally didnt have much luck with that version of iphoneinterface and jailbreak, of course i could just be dense
    2007-07-17 03:35 AM
    Do you do the rmdir from the phonedmg ext.. or from the actual folder that contains the file?
    2007-07-17 03:36 AM
    i run osx btw
    2007-07-17 03:36 AM
    windows in dos. Do you know where I can upgrade =). Im TOTALLY new at this. But your treads are amazing. Im pretty much just a photographer/designer and theres no way I was gonna have a "boring" iPhone. lol
    2007-07-17 03:37 AM
    i'd do it from the top directory (the rmdir command)
    2007-07-17 03:41 AM
    Ok. I am gonna give that a shot. I just did the rmdir and then ls. and the file was gone. But when I putfile.. Then exit, It was still the same icon. lol. Im gonna try again.
    2007-07-17 03:45 AM
    the file you are adding is in the same directory as iphoneinterface yeah?
    2007-07-17 03:58 AM
    Ya I am putting the files into the phonedmg folder. Hmm.. I've managed to make the icons Dissapear now. They ALL are displaying some little paper pad with a paintbrush/ruler and a pen. LOL
    Hmm. Im thinking maybe the pngs are off. What resolution are you saving them in? Mine were [email protected] If I recall right.

Oh..My interface is v0.3.1
    Last edited by LoringStudios; 2007-07-17 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-07-17 04:03 AM
    couldnt tell you lol, im not a graphics guy. RGB was 8 though with no interlace if that means anything to you . . . yeah 59x60
    2007-07-17 04:08 AM
    Ok I think I have saved them as Png22. Im gonna save them as png 8 and prey.

Besides that. I think I've got it figured out. Theres some things we might have to change for "pc'ers". Ill know soon.

I gotta restore the phone now cause its jacked up hahaha.
    I'll keep you updated on the progress.
    2007-07-17 04:15 AM
    Maybe a lower resolution? Maybe something to do with this? Shouldn't affect it though, Cody's worked fine.

Yah, try PNG 8 or PNG 24.
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 2007-07-17 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-07-17 04:18 AM
    Ok. Ill try that. Meanwhile I think Im getting a new phone cause mines officially crashed lol. Im getting Problem starting AFC: -402653150 from interface. And I tunes Is telling me can not connect to the iphone unknown error (0xE8000022).
    Back to the drawing board and a new phone.
    Ill holla at you guys in the morning
    2007-07-17 04:25 AM
106 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD