User Tag List

Yesterday I bought myself a new lightning cable. Is was labeled as a "iPhone 5 charge/sync cable iOS 7 compatible." I was justifiably upset when iTunes wouldn't recognize my iPhone on the cable. However, before I return anything I always check to make sure it doesn't work on other computers. My other computer, recognized the phone perfectly fine. At that point I thought maybe it was a computer error, so I got out my old cable. Both computers recognized my iPhone with my old cable. What would cause this and is it possible to fix?

Tl;dr: new lightning cable. One computer recognizes on one cord, but not the other. One computer recognizes both.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-10-29 07:18 PM
    Did you try a different USB port on the one 'puter it didn't work on?
    This is a typical issue with non-Apple cables.
    smaller sig.png
    2014-10-29 07:22 PM
    Did you try a different USB port on the one 'puter it didn't work on?
    This is a typical issue with non-Apple cables.
    I tried one other port and iTunes gave me a "Ex000065" error. The third port is awkwardly placed, so I didn't try it at first. I'll give it a shot when I get home and see if that gives different results.

......beware......
    2014-10-29 07:28 PM
    Update: it's working, but only if I put the cable in one direction. Apparently one way charges and the other way syncs? I dunno... Eh, guess that's what you get for being cheap.

......beware......
    2014-10-30 01:35 AM
    I hear ya, I always buy real Apple cables on eBay, there are cheap to buy there, under $10 usually.
    apple lightning cable | eBay
    smaller sig.png
    2014-10-30 02:04 AM
    Prefer using the original USB Cable if you want to increase the battery life of your iPhone.
    2015-12-02 05:41 PM
    Prefer using the original USB Cable if you want to increase the battery life of your iPhone.
    What? Link me to this information.
    smaller sig.png
    2015-12-02 05:59 PM
    The original usb cable has a special patented copper core in it that when used actually increase the mAh of a battery. Isn't apple just awesome? Damn skippy they are.
    2015-12-04 03:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD