the computer doesn't recognize it.

when i turn it on, i just get the silver apple

and that is pretty much it

help anyone
    2008-04-06 08:36 PM
    when installing bsd subsystem, it clearly says not to change the password using the passwd command or the springboard would crash continously
    For everytime I had a penny when I said "Use the goddamned search button instead of opening a new thread", I would've made Bill Gates my maid.

Proud owner of an iPhone of which I erased the bootloader one time and the baseband many times just for fun, had the endless reboot cycle like 5 freakin' times and now doesn't work with firmwares lower than 1.1.3
    2008-04-06 09:02 PM
    Yeah i your not suppost to change the password and username.

But did you try:
    Recovery mode
    A different computer

?
    A Thanks is always nice =]
    2008-04-07 02:35 AM
    if u can ssh in then change it back... if not try to see if ziphone will recognize it by telling it to put it in dfu mode... if that doesnt work try to see what independence will do with it... if that desont work or u have more questions u will have to instant message me... pm me with a link to this thread and ask for my sn inorder to get my sn...
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks
    2008-04-07 02:52 AM
    thanks to u all, after 20 hours of not working i just succeeded to put it into dfu (more luck than anything else) and started from begining
    2008-04-07 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD