User Tag List

Hey guys, I'm getting close to purchasing the iPhone, but have a Q about the online instant jailbraking: I'm going to be using the phone on AT&T, so do I need it to do the fake activation? Will it mess anything up w/ my standings w/ AT&T? Thanks!
    2007-11-06 02:12 AM
    No that is not required. You can jailbreak your phone and it won't mess up anything on your phone. I'm have done it with AT&T. Very simple and quick.
    2007-11-06 03:28 AM
    Did you use the Web Automated Jailbreak? I am more concerned about the activation. Could someone explain what the activation hack does? Is it as simple as making the phone think that it is activated? Like is there any difference between activating the correct (iTunes) way, or activating via the hack?
    2007-11-06 04:30 AM
    Did you use the Web Automated Jailbreak? I am more concerned about the activation. Could someone explain what the activation hack does? Is it as simple as making the phone think that it is activated? Like is there any difference between activating the correct (iTunes) way, or activating via the hack?
    If you want to purchase the Edge/data package then you activate on iTunes (Be careful you might be signing a new 2 year contract not sure, I sugguest you call at&t to check first). If you don't want the package then you use the activation hack, that lets you use your iphone on at&t without the Edge/data package or anyother carrier. So far no program out there lets you truly activate with at&t without purchasing the package.
    2007-11-06 05:45 AM
    If you are gonna use it on AT&T why are you worried about activation? You can just activate via iTunes. Simple. You will not need to sign a new contract agreement if you are already on a AT&T plan. Atleast I didn't have to.

Reako
    2007-11-06 05:47 PM
    How you activate thru itunes without getting the edge package? I tried but couldn't get pass that screen where you have to select that.
    2007-11-06 07:20 PM
    I use the Edge package, I wasn't aware you wanted to activate without the use of having internet. I'm not really sure why you wouldn't want the data plan. Isn't that the whole purpose for having an iPhone? lol

Reako
    2007-11-06 08:31 PM
    I was just curious b/c I was under the impression that jailbreakme.com jailbreaks/fake-activates/youtubes the iPhone... But now I see that it doesn't... Sorry! Thanks
    2007-11-07 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD